Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyjigz

Question on Price of Ron Arra 132-2

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

How can the blank be more expensive then a completed rod in the store for retail?

Am I missing something? I have bought many blanks that the rod goes for $250 factory finished for $125- $150, so whats the deal with lamiglas?

I found this a little hard to believe, so I did some research. The following are retail prices at well-known online sales sites:

• 1022-2 Finished rod $229.95 Blank $162

• 1083 Finished rod $229.95 Blank $180

• 1083-2 Finished rod $249.95 Blank $198

• 1084 Finished rod $249.95 Blank $198

• 1084-2 Finished rod $259.95 Blank $216

• 1203-2 Finished rod $259.95 Blank $234

• 1204 Finished rod $254.95 Blank $234

• 1321-2 Finished rod $279.95 Blank $279

• 1322-2 Finished rod $279.95 Blank $297
I need to note that these do not comprise all the Arra blanks -- the 1205 blank, for example, wasn't listed as a finished rod.

Having said, that, though, there's a curious thing about the pricing of these things: the factory rods start out, on the shorter models, costing $50-$70 more than the blanks. This seems about right. But this gap narrows as the blanks get longer, until, with the 1321-2, the cost for the blank and the finished rod is the same. Then, with the last one, the 1322-2, the blank is $20 more than the factory rod. I will admit that this is interesting...

This is an interesting thing, and probably has something to do with the relative demand for blank models versus finished rod models. But to find out exactly why this is so, you'll have to ask Lami.

That last one looks like it could be a typo since the 1321 factory rod is the same price as a 1322 factory rod ($279.95) , it seems logical that the 1322 is also $279 (like the 1321 blank) rather than $297.

View PostFrom the Lamiglas website:

XSRA 1321-2 $370 Blank $279

XSRA 1322-2 $370 Blank $297

Don

Lamiglas has to use the MSRP and let everyone else sell cheaper because if not, it becomes a conflict of interest.wink.gif

Hi, please, I need the exact actual price for this rod model from LAMIGLAS inc/ Lamiglas-10' Med-Hvy-XS MHS, lure wt/ 3-8// line wt/ 17-40 , the only reason, because I purchased it onLINE, and the shipping company (UPS)damage the rod, they asked for the actual price or some kind of on line copy or ''receipt'', any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

View PostHi, please, I need the exact actual price for this rod model from LAMIGLAS inc/ Lamiglas-10' Med-Hvy-XS MHS, lure wt/ 3-8// line wt/ 17-40 , the only reason, because I purchased it onLINE, and the shipping company (UPS)damage the rod, they asked for the actual price or some kind of on line copy or ''receipt'', any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

If you bought it online, you should have a copy of the receipt from the retailer, no?

Otherwise, for MSRP you should check the Lamiglas website.

View PostI can tell you that the arra 1322 one piece is 279. I don't think Lami has a one piece 1322 finished rod.

They do. They sell for around $325 at Red Top in Buzzards Bay, MA.

6 Alconite COF guides, starting with a 50 mm gathering guide.

For 2011 they will add the first factory rod ever built on the 126 1MH blank.

Hi staktup, it's from a fisherman, not a reatailer, he can't tell the exact price because it was a gift from 2006. On Lamiglas site, rod model not longer available, send them a PM a month ago, and NADA, I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Good question though as a review of many different dealers will show the gap between a factory rod and blank declining as you go to the longer rods. I would have thought it would increase but that's not the case. Something like $100 between the shortest and lightest vs only $60 between the longest and heaviest. Doesn't make sense to me.