Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockhopr

Arra 1204 and Daiwa Powersurf Combo

21 posts in this topic

For sale is a custom built Ron Arra XRA1204 10' spinning rod, blank rating is 1 to 4 oz. and 15 to 30# test line, total of 8 Fuji Alconite guides, Fuji plate reel seat; and Daiwa QD 5500 Quick Drag Powersurf reel (this is a Japanese Domestic Market reel), reel has 2 spools, a 5500 spool filled with 50# Sufix braid, and a 5000 spool filled with 30# Sufix braid. These spools have the tapered, long cast design. Reel has original box, cloth bag, etc. All in excellent condition 10/10 mechanically and cosmetically.

Price is a firm $450 for the combo or $250 for the rod and $250 for the reel.

Located in Nassau County, NY.

The 5500 spool holds approx 300 yards of 50# Sufix briad, and the 5000 spool (smaller spool) holds approx 300 yards of 30#. The long cast spool does cast noticeably further than my old Penn 650SS. The schematic for the Powersurf QD is almost identical to the Saltiga Surf 5500, except for a few less ball bearings. QD means Quick Drag, a half turn of the knob will increase the drag tremendously. I also have a Saltiga Surf drag knob (included) that functions more like the traditional drag, takes more turns of the knob to gradually increase drag. BTW, drag rating is 33# for this reel.

The Lami tag that came with the blank has a date of Nov 2005. I have the original purchase receipt also. It was rated 1 to 4 oz when I bought it, I know later XRA 1204's were rated a bit lighter. I used the rod a couple of times each year, maybe 10 times total. I am just keeping a core few setups and selling things I don't use enough to justify keeping.

So, no trades , thanks anyway.

Price dropped to $400 for the combo (includes line).

This is a great, very light and long-casting combo

OR if sold separately:

$225 for the rod

$200 for the reel

Both are in immaculate condition!

Scoobe, I sent you a PM on how to get that drag knob from Daiwa. I do not want to part with the one I have, it lets me have a wider range of drag settings with the reel.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0