Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChadHaddock

South Side Fish, Bigger than the kid...

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I caught it right a the sun came up @ about 0530 and as I worked my pencil this thing SLAPPED it out of the water and followed up when it touched back down, momentarily goin airborne, so when my pole doubled over I could feel the weight of the fish and I knew it was on then. But check this out, as my pole was doubled over my drag seemed a bit too tight so I went to loosen it a bit, BIG MISTAKE, my spool spun causing my biggest ever professional overrun and I could not even turn the handle "Are you shyttin me!" I kinda grumbled as I could feel the fish trying to leave the haul ass. I had no other option but to try to bring it in by hand (fortunatly I fish mono on my casting setup) so try to visuilize this, I'm pointing the pole away from the water at an angle low enough so I can grab the line, finally get it, then lean the pole on my shoulder, it slipps off, I catch it put it on my other shoulder and start bring the fish in, s-l-o-w-l-y pulling. Ilooked over to the guy next to me who is looking on in disbelief and I say to him casually, "old school fishin" I couldnt make out what he relpied but I figure it was somethimg to the effect of "You're amazing and awesome" but not sure. anyways when I finally got the fish in close enough, I could just start to see it I began to freek, this is my biggest fish EVER. So when I did get it close enough I kinda dove on it like an alligator wrestler. hey, I'm tellin you when I pulled this thing out of the water I was excited as when I recieved any gift in my lifebiggrin.gif . Grabbed my boga30 which it bottomed right out, and in the excitement to grab my gear I spun towards my gear causing my marrige ring to fly off (not my official wedding band but still...) you should have seen me running with two poles in one hand, two bags hanging from my neck and this fish hang from my boga slung over my back, beatin feet towards my car, just missed winning the pool Im in by about 3lbs but still pumped, it'll fill a few belliesbeers.gif

Nice cow Chad. I know I am gonna regret not going down in the Yak today.....

What was the final weight? Looks heavy....highfive.gif

View PostNice cow Chad. I know I am gonna regret not going down in the Yak today.....

What was the final weight? Looks heavy....highfive.gif

something like 31.6-7

View PostNice fish Chad. Planning to come up from SC in a couple of weeks. See you soon.

Sounds good Ken, see you thenhighfive.gif