Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatboyjoe

new beach cart

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

this is my new beach cart. I got the wheels and Axel from wheeleez and the rack from harbour freight. it's actually a cargo rack for behind your truck. the wheels were $100.00 each and the cargo rack was $50.00 on sale. it's designed to fit into my honda accord with the wheels off, with the back seat down. the beach umbrella attachment will come in handy what do you think? going to try it out soon at island beach state park in the next couple weeks.

Well done, I see guys with them though, that seem like they struggle with them more than I do when I carry my tackle bag, two rods and two sand spikes....and bait. I try to go light. Good wheels and design.

I like it but I'd want a different handle somewhat like a regular wagon that can lift and PULL a little easier. It shouldn't be that big of an upgrade but I think it'll help.

I had a long walk to my spot last night but it was a little easier on the way back since I didn't catch anything of great size, had less bait and drank all my beer.

BTW, I think the drapes on your restroom door should be on the inside, not outside.

I don't mean to rain on your parade and it's a good job but Cabelas has a great beach cart that is almost identical to your cart. It's only $135 and has holders for 8 rods with normal tires and a better handle design. It's called the Fish-N-Mate Cart Caddy. Check it out, pretty sweet

Actually there are 3 sizes from $114-$219. The middle size which is about the size of yours is $179. The cart caddy I mentioned above is the attachment bracket that hooks up to your trailer hitch to carry the fishing cart.

View PostDid I read this right?

$200 for the 2 wheels? cwm31.gif

Chris

Honestly, with all the conversions I've seen I wanted to do the same with the kids old radio flyer, but can't bring myself to spend a couple hundred bucks on tires. I know people have used other tires with success, but I don't trust them in my case. I wonder why there aren't any other similarly sized tires on the market.

View PostI don't mean to rain on your parade and it's a good job but Cabelas has a great beach cart that is almost identical to your cart. It's only $135 and has holders for 8 rods with normal tires and a better handle design. It's called the Fish-N-Mate Cart Caddy. Check it out, pretty sweet

Great job on the cart. You need those big wheels trust me, I have a wheeleez cart with the smaller ones, they don't work as good as the big ones. Good fishin with the new chunkin machine.............

believe me i tried to make it cheaper but wheeleez is the only manufacturer of these kind of sand wheeleez, i think,in the world. and my research tells me they are the only ones that will work on soft sand. also, they said they don't sell blems anymore, they melt them down now. my goal was to make a cheaper and bigger version of the converted fish-n-mate that sells for $500.00 . i think i at least, i did that.

---