Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ematsuda

Zeebaas reels - How smooth?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I had a chance to make a few casts with an early one. It was tight--like a Van Staal.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing in my book. I have two Stratford VS reels. The tightness never bothered me a bit.

With the dual pickups, you don't want it too smooth. You don't want the handle spinning and line catching on one of the pickups as a result.

Dogfights and Saltiga GTs are also tight--at least, tighter than a Saltiga-Z.

Everything feels tight next to a Stella.

Ditch, The reel is smooth but not smooth enought to turn on a cast. I have a double roller zx22 have never had the roller catch the line on a cast. I thougt the double roller would be an issue but after year of casting with it no complaints. Tight lines.

View PostDitch, The reel is smooth but not smooth enought to turn on a cast. I have a double roller zx22 have never had the roller catch the line on a cast. I thougt the double roller would be an issue but after year of casting with it no complaints. Tight lines.

I took off one of the line rollers on the ZB and installed a counterweight. It just felt weird.

I've got a Stella sw and and a ZB. The stella is smooth, but has some slop in the spool that creates a knock when retrieving a heavy plug (it is not noticeable when not under a load). Very annoying given what I paid for it. So far I prefer the ZB, which is plenty smooth but has a much more solid feel (and no knock).

Mine is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I have had to get used to the double roller as it is easy to pick up the line on both rollers at the same time. This was happening while throwing jigs at Cobia in a crowd of fishermen off a pier. No problem when not under the gun. biggrin.gif I am just used to throwing my VS with a single roller. After using it a little the problem went away. It is smoother than my VS 250.

I caught Cobia about the same size on both reels and the drag system is also smoother and stronger on the ZB.