Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lichum

Dennis Hopper Is Dead

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I don't remember how to directly post a YouTube clip.This scene with Christopher Walken is IMO one of Hopper's best performances.

" target="_blank">

He eventually became a good actor. I thought he played an excellent bad guy in movies like Water World and Speed. But 2 of his early movies left me disgusted with him. Giant and Easy Rider. He played such a whiney, Drippy D*** character that watching him made me sqirm. I thought he ruined Easy Rider and I kept waiting for Peter Fonda to kick his ass and leave him on the side of the road.

I may have posted this before:

Dennis Hopper performs the Russian Dynamite Death Chair Act at the Big H speedway in Houston, Texas, 1983. Busloads of spectators from his lecture at Rice Media Center are taken out to the speedway to watch his "finale". Also of note in the clip, Terry Southern and Wim Wenders (who can be heard threatening to blow up the camera with any remaining dynamite). Apologies for the recording, this clip is as-is. This one goes out to "professional people working... and those learning the business".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

View PostI don't remember how to directly post a YouTube clip.This scene with Christopher Walken is IMO one of Hopper's best performances.

" target="_blank">

Here ya go....

&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> ZnAdWKiy-sc

View PostI don't remember how to directly post a YouTube clip.This scene with Christopher Walken is IMO one of Hopper's best performances.

" target="_blank">

BTW, what movie is that from?