Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeepBlueSea

Found it!

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

your right, it makes me throw up...

DBS

View PostPlease don't post this rubbish here without an appropriate title. Not everyone wants to see this.

While this video seems like it was produced by groups who affect our beaches with plover in such.. If i saw anyone hooking a dog i would sure make there life a living hell. My dog is a huge part of my life and they are much smarter/ aware than a live fish as bait. Try to hook a dog to the end of your line in front of me and i will sure do my best to make sure it is not a fun experience for you. This is BS and ayone who does it is a Piece of S*** in my opinion. Flame me if you want but if this is what is actually happening, i hate the way fishing is turning out to be.

KJS

I would have absolutely no taking a machete to someone who used a dog for live bait. There is a line in ones inner world one one side of that line is "reason" on the other is just "action" ... an event such as a dog being tortured in that fashion would make me cross that line.. and if I had to spend my life in jail.. so be it.

Secondly about the plover remark....

Where as I too am a fisherman I am a person who is deeply upset my mans cruelty to Gods creators, defenseless animals need to be protected from insane extreme cruelty that humans are capable of. Even though that peta BS is a bunch of nerds with no life acting like imbeciles, still that does not deter me from answering the call to duty as a human being when I see abuse...

Let us not be so preconditioned by out disdain of the peta freakshow that we become indifferent towards these acts of ungodly cruelty.

View PostI would have absolutely no taking a machete to someone who used a dog for live bait. There is a line in ones inner world one one side of that line is "reason" on the other is just "action" ... an event such as a dog being tortured in that fashion would make me cross that line.. and if I had to spend my life in jail.. so be it.

Secondly about the plover remark....

Where as I too am a fisherman I am a person who is deeply upset my mans cruelty to Gods creators, defenseless animals need to be protected from insane extreme cruelty that humans are capable of. Even though that peta BS is a bunch of nerds with no life acting like imbeciles, still that does not deter me from answering the call to duty as a human being when I see abuse...

Let us not be so preconditioned by out disdain of the peta freakshow that we become indifferent towards these acts of ungodly cruelty.

It pisses me off no end when people toss skates up on the sand to die.

I have no problems killing fish to serve a purpose--for eating, to sell, to use as live or dead bait--but senselessly killing any living thing bothers me.

I feel the same as you do. I won.t kill so calle3ed trash fish or even bugs that aren't bitng me and people say "but you hunt'. will never get them to understand.

View PostI feel the same as you do. I won.t kill so calle3ed trash fish or even bugs that aren't bitng me and people say "but you hunt'. will never get them to understand.

The only bugs I kill are those that carry diseases---flies and mosquitos, mostly. The ticks that I pick off the dogs or I find crawling on me. Flies, only when they get in the house. I even let bees and wasps in my house crawl onto a newspaper and shoo them outside. Useful insects serve a purpose and killing them needlessly is something I try to avoid. If there's a nest that poses a danger, however, that's a different story. People, pets, and their safety always come first.

If this was the propaganda video about using cats for shark bait (the one featuring black kittens in a bucket and swimming around with trebles in the back) then it is pure propaganda. I've heard from several sources that the video was produced by a member of one of the group that tried to stir up outrage about recreational fishing practices in general. The video does not feature responsible fishermen at all and was made for the sole purpose of trashing fishing as a sport.

Evan

clapping.gif

View PostIt pisses me off no end when people toss skates up on the sand to die.

I have no problems killing fish to serve a purpose--for eating, to sell, to use as live or dead bait--but senselessly killing any living thing bothers me.

nope its a different one...

I PM'ed you the link

DBS

View PostIf this was the propaganda video about using cats for shark bait (the one featuring black kittens in a bucket and swimming around with trebles in the back) then it is pure propaganda. I've heard from several sources that the video was produced by a member of one of the group that tried to stir up outrage about recreational fishing practices in general. The video does not feature responsible fishermen at all and was made for the sole purpose of trashing fishing as a sport.

Evan