Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kroc

Its getting late early

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Do you think the vast majority of breeders have already moved north (i.e. north of Monmouth County)? The Ocean County surf has been very slow the past five days. It seems everything was ahead of schedule this year, particularly the bluefish which showed up out front in the middle of April. Could it be over?confused.gif

View PostDo you think the vast majority of breeders have already moved north (i.e. north of Monmouth County)? The Ocean County surf has been very slow the past five days. It seems everything was ahead of schedule this year, particularly the bluefish which showed up out front in the middle of April. Could it be over?confused.gif

I hope it's over...smile.gif

it definalty seemed to be week or two ealry, most fish are definatly north of Ocean county right now, no where near the same mass of fish moving from delaware bay north, but all depends on bunker movements. The normal memeorial day fish in Ocean County are not here, alot of small fish. The last good ocean county blitz was May 15th, very quite since

It was an early year this year driven by early bait school movements. May was fun, but the fish and baits are all north of NJ...see you in the fall.

Fish moved out of Delaware Bay in mid-May. Typically, they hang around to the end of the month. My intel from down there is pretty good with a retired dad that chunks from a boat 3-4 times a week.

I was catching 40" fish north of Boston 2 weeks ago.

I can't say if more are coming, but I can definitely say that a lot have left.

Everything feels 2-3 weeks early.

For the sake of the big fish I hope they are all gone. There is something seriously wrong with surf fishing the past 5 or so years. cwm13.gif

i think up to around june 14th you should be ready just in case. chunking will put a nice fish on the beach in early july no matter what time the season started in my experience and a good friend was fishing the big d between both cities not quite two weeks ago and was catching and releasing mid 20 class fish that were leaking all over the boat. is it over? if you mean going 50 yards out of an inlet and bailing fish after fish.....possibly.

View PostFor the sake of the big fish I hope they are all gone. There is something seriously wrong with surf fishing the past 5 or so years. cwm13.gif

Isn't the purpose of surf fishing to catch BIG fish? Isn't it the dream of every surfcaster to catch a cow bass. What you do with that fish is up to you. If you are hoping big fish are gone you should find another hobby. What else do you do? Play the lottery and hope you don't match all six numbers. Ask out beautiful women and hope they say no. Pray for rain on the day of your outdoor wedding.kooky.gif

View PostIsn't the purpose of surf fishing to catch BIG fish? Isn't it the dream of every surfcaster to catch a cow bass. What you do with that fish is up to you. If you are hoping big fish are gone you should find another hobby. What else do you do? Play the lottery and hope you don't match all six numbers. Ask out beautiful women and hope they say no. Pray for rain on the day of your outdoor wedding.kooky.gif

Blitz fishing is not real fishing. Its cool to see. But I wouldn't be proud of a big fish caught in a blitz.

Seen a bunch of bunker boats out this week. I wish they'd scoop up all of them. 1 month of big bass blitzes was enough. If you missed May in hopes of June being the right month, I feel bad, but hope you missed it.

But it's not over till the big cows sing.