Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pogie_boy

Noob Swap Thread

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

Okay my noob friends! It's nearly June, time to get your potential candidates for the swap out there in the water to figure out what catches!

Here's the list of who's in:

1. Pogie_boy

2. JGH31

3. rollincoal

4. Mokes

5. bigzim

6. TKSurf

7. Dad 818

Ryan560 is an alternate.

Remember the rules:

1. Figure out what you make that you like or catch best on.

2. Make six copies of em as close to identical as you can.

3. Deadline to get the plugs to me is end of August.

A couple hints I learned in my first swap:

~ Make a couple extras in case of foul ups, fish the extras.

~ Simple patterns are usually best, and easiest to duplicate.

~ Don't let this burn you out. It can be stressful trying to get them all right and you won't make anything else. Keep a couple other plugs in the mix so you don't feel like you spent all your time on plugs for... well.. me.

Could everyone who's not too busy fishing please post up so we know you're still in?

I have been fishing my prototype but haven't caught anything on it yet but then I haven't been able to catch anything on plugs yet this year. My timing at missing the fish has been outstanding so far. While most have claimed this to be the best May in many years it has been my worst in many years. The swap plugs will be my best efforts regardless of my fishing luck.

a couple of prototypes(had an eel colored bronze over olive over off white one that my brother will not returnbiggrin.gif )

sorry for the picture qualitysmile.gif

they're working. they also trolled well on the kayak.

Hey pogie and all. I've been building more then fishing but I have been out testing my stuff when I get a chance. Pretty happy with the action on the dannys but I'm yet to catch on one of them. Hoping that's just a matter of time and place. I'll post some pics when I'm home on my computer can't seem to do it from the iPhone. Some of the stuff I've seen from the others looks great so far!

I'm really in love with the stubby pencils I've been making, but they're just so plain! Hmmmm...

Should be plenty of time to build in July, June is for FISHING!

Was fishing one of my prototypes this morning, looked good to me, fish didn't think so. This remains the absolute worst year of bass fishing I have ever had. I have only seen 11 fish come up on the sand this year, all on bait and only three were mine. Tomorrow I will start

So Dad_818 is out? I guess I should get to turning? Whats everyone building? I've only caught on my pencil poppers so far, but started experimenting with dannys and needles last month. Whens the exact deadline?

Dad I'm sorry to hear you're out frown.gif I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Ryan, If you are still interested, you're in! I believe we set the deadline to be the last week of August.

Personally this has been the worst year in a while for me too. It's been a combination of lack of opportunities early and a lot of hot weather late. Sticking to my word, I have to go with the plug that's been the most productive for me and that's a ~2 ounce swimmer.

I'll post up the prototype later or tomorrow (I'm still at work dammit!)

View PostSo Dad_818 is out? I guess I should get to turning? Whats everyone building? I've only caught on my pencil poppers so far, but started experimenting with dannys and needles last month. Whens the exact deadline?

Needles are killer in the fall! drool.gif weight em so they sink slow and almost level, nose just slightly up.... Oh now I can't wait for October!!!!

I have settled on making 9+" jointed eels that should come in at 3+oz's.

So far, so good. I've got 8 plugs of the batch that have survived so farsmile.gif . The bodies are sealed and awaiting primer.