Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ActionBastage

Noonan nails it

Rate this topic

165 posts in this topic

She has wrapped up this President appropriately.

Spot on.

Very much worth the read:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ctions_opinion

"I don't see how the president's position and popularity can survive the oil spill. This is his third political disaster in his first 18 months in office. And they were all, as they say, unforced errors, meaning they were shaped by the president's political judgment and instincts.There was the tearing and unnecessary war over his health-care proposal and its cost. There was his day-to-day indifference to the views and hopes of the majority of voters regarding illegal immigration. And now the past almost 40 days of dodging and dithering in the face of an environmental calamity. I don't see how you politically survive this."

The Wall Street Journal has lost it's integrity since that Right Wing Australian Yahoo bought it, and turned it into just another propaganda rag to further his radical right wing global agenda.

View PostThe Wall Street Journal has lost it's integrity since that Right Wing Australian Yahoo bought it, and turned it into just another propaganda rag to further his radical right wing global agenda.

Thank you for that insight on the article.

Please keep your derailing to yourself if that's all your trying to do.

Did you read the article?

it's over the top Propaganda... unadulterated Dem bashing.

that's what the WSJ has come to be known for... much like the NY Post and Fox News.

the Aussie has a definite "new world order" in mind, and has spent a lot to make a media empire to shape opinion and push us toward it.

View Post^^^^UH^^^^

The article is clearly labeled "OPINION"

Is every persons opinion propaganda?

no,

just political hacks who are crazy enough to claim immigration is an Obama manufactured problem.

If that Auzzie is paying for your opinion, odds are it's pure political propaganda.

View Post^^^^UH^^^^

The article is clearly labeled "OPINION"

Is every persons opinion propaganda?

I believe propaganda correctly applies to most of what FnM posts.

The article is a accurate summation of Obama's time in office and his reaction to emergencies and the pulse of the US.

I fear the damage this anti American can cause can somehow be limited in a political reversal in 2010.

View Post

I fear the damage this anti American can cause can somehow be limited in a political reversal in 2010.

I agree,

you right wingers fear limited damage,

you are HOPING for major disasters, so you can reap political rewards.

she is right of course. that's undeniable. no way his popularity doesn't suffer. except with the partisans who will rally to make excuses.

View PostI agree,

you right wingers fear limited damage,

you are HOPING for major disasters, so you can reap political rewards.

Keep using that same old bait.

Yes, remember, "never let a good crisis go to waste". That's the playbook.

I guess your all out of people to BS?

Your ignoring me, remember. Surely someone wants to converse with you, why are you crawling back?

Move along. Shoo.

The article is a bit more important than your derailing procedures.

AB - you're using too much bait. Toss a plain hook out and see if he bites. I mean - the guy just can't help himself.

View PostThe Wall Street Journal has lost it's integrity since that Right Wing Australian Yahoo bought it, and turned it into just another propaganda rag to further his radical right wing global agenda.

So what? If it pours hate on Obama and Democrats its a good thing baby. beers.gif

Great point:

"What continues to fascinate me is Mr. Obama's standing with Democrats. They don't love him. Half the party voted for Hillary Clinton, and her people have never fully reconciled themselves to him. But he is what they have. They are invested in him. In time-after the 2010 elections go badly-they are going to start to peel off. The political operative James Carville, the most vocal and influential of the president's Gulf critics, signaled to Democrats this week that they can start to peel off. He did it through the passion of his denunciations."

View PostShe has wrapped up this President appropriately.

Spot on.

Very much worth the read:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ctions_opinion

"I don't see how the president's position and popularity can survive the oil spill. This is his third political disaster in his first 18 months in office. And they were all, as they say, unforced errors, meaning they were shaped by the president's political judgment and instincts.There was the tearing and unnecessary war over his health-care proposal and its cost. There was his day-to-day indifference to the views and hopes of the majority of voters regarding illegal immigration. And now the past almost 40 days of dodging and dithering in the face of an environmental calamity. I don't see how you politically survive this."

He easily survives the oil spill as the people taking issue with Obama's handling of the problem never supported him anyway. Nevermind, the fact that many of those criticizing him for not being more involved root for less government and regulation.headscratch.gif

Personally, I have little problem with his handling of the issue. There was a hole a mile under the ocean gushing oil at a fantastic clip that had all the industry experts stumped on how to stop it. Not much the President can do there. Beyond that, it's up to the individual states to guard their coastline. The biggest federal gripe is the non-decision on the building of the sand bar islands, but that seemed like it wasn't a slam dunk conclusion with many saying it could make things worse.

I see this as another case of manufactured outrage and comparing it to Katrina is laughable.

View PostAB - you're using too much bait. Toss a plain hook out and see if he bites. I mean - the guy just can't help himself.

I'm gonna drop the bait and just throw out a sabiki rig. Should have a full line in a moment smile.gif

Edit:

See! I love those rigs. Almost full smile.gif