Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reptile

Kittens and dogs used as live shark bait?

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever heard of this? What kind of sick bastard would do that?

I love my dogs and I can't stand cats and my wife and daughter found a mother cat and her kitten left on the side of the road in a soda case box but I could'nt refuse leting them stay till they find a home.

I mean it's cruel and heartless.

Yea thats pretty messed up, I own one of each and if anyone ever tried to use my boys as bait that would be the last thing they ever did!

Different cultures have different values then we do for domesticated animals.

View PostYea thats pretty messed up, I own one of each and if anyone ever tried to use my boys as bait that would be the last thing they ever did!

Different cultures have different values then we do for domesticated animals.

I'm not to sure about the source, but Americans are doing this too when they go to these countries.

The guy responsible did it for the sole purpose of selling T-shirts. No cats or puppies were ever harmed, and he made a few bucks off some really stupid people. Good for him.

I've heard of this for the first time about half a year ago. If you do a search online there's a lot of info about it. Mainly done off of some french island where dogs and cats are everywhere. Nonetheless, the practice is horrid, disgusting, and grotesque. As an animal lover I was absolutely bewildered when I first read about this. Hopefully they're trying to fix this, can't believe that there's scum out there that would use innocent and defenseless cats and dogs and butcher them or throw them overboard ALIVE to catch some sharks.

Thats just plain sick and the people who do stuff like that do not have a soul.

My dogs are my best friends..they're my buddies and if anyone tried to hurt them you're gonna hear click clack......I can assure you that mad.gif

what puts a cat before a live fish so many people have used for bait? I'm not promoting cat bait. "Everything should have its own right and feel to be who it is to the universe, because that's the sole purpose of being here" -Masta Killa from Wu Tang on peta.

There are those that view fishing as barbaric, cruel, wrong, or unethical, too. I'll probably incur the wrath of the big dogs again, but my view is that you shouldn't let yourself be offended by such things. Personally, I don't think they'd make that great of bait anyway, as they'd squirm too much to put on your hook.

View PostHas anyone ever heard of this? What kind of sick bastard would do that?

I love my dogs and I can't stand cats and my wife and daughter found a mother cat and her kitten left on the side of the road in a soda case box but I could'nt refuse leting them stay till they find a home.

I mean it's cruel and heartless.

try.....

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sharkbait.asp

View PostI've heard of this for the first time about half a year ago. If you do a search online there's a lot of info about it. Mainly done off of some french island where dogs and cats are everywhere. Nonetheless, the practice is horrid, disgusting, and grotesque. As an animal lover I was absolutely bewildered when I first read about this. Hopefully they're trying to fix this, can't believe that there's scum out there that would use innocent and defenseless cats and dogs and butcher them or throw them overboard ALIVE to catch some sharks.

Utter, total HOAX, it never happened!

The photo floating around of a dog with a large hook in its lip is from the emergency-room file of a veterinarian's office.

A fanciful story was concocted.

The dog impaled itself on the hook, and the gullible [and Internet T-shirt hawkers] went wild.