Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTflyguy

Any Thoughts?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Havent been out all year at all for stripers with the fly-rod have been focusing on my usual trout waters. I want to get out tommorow morning early low tides at 6:20 I believe I know fishing low tides bad but i plan on wading around with the fly rod will Holly Pond in Stamford or Compo Beach in Westport be a good choice or is there another good spot around these areas that will be good at the low tide.

Discussing specific locations is generally frowned upon here on SOL, and I'm seeing more and more good reason why this rule is so strict here. OY!

Good luck wherever you hit! icon14.gif

View PostThere are no fish in CT...frown.gif

There were lots of fish today. Huge blitz. Caught 'em all at....shoot, I can't remember the name of the damn place now. I'll have to get back to y'all with the location....Stay tuned

So there is water called LI Sound. There are things called cars and things called maps. Look for places that you can access and get in the water. The best fish I caught last season was on a hot june morning on a public beach blind casting into nearly slack tide. Pay your dues and you will find fish and be rewarded for using your brain and putting time in. Asking where I should go is not using your brain it is using the brain of those who have put the time in. If you dont enjoy the effort and want to have someone do the work for you call Scott "the fish doctor" and he will take you to the fish.

View PostSo there is water called LI Sound. There are things called cars and things called maps. Look for places that you can access and get in the water. The best fish I caught last season was on a hot june morning on a public beach blind casting into nearly slack tide. Pay your dues and you will find fish and be rewarded for using your brain and putting time in. Asking where I should go is not using your brain it is using the brain of those who have put the time in. If you dont enjoy the effort and want to have someone do the work for you call Scott "the fish doctor" and he will take you to the fish.

sweet fish, the rocks/jetty to the east of that jetty were on fire at first light this morning. fish were busting from the swimming beach area all the way around to the rocks. picked up a healthy fish on a topwater, guessing it was around 32 inches, so fat it must have been gorging for sometime. so much bait around.....