Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

NJ waaah

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

I like the guy, he says it as it is.

We're broke, we've been spending too much for too long and something has to be done.

No one likes to take bad tasting medicine but we're all going to have to suck it up and deal with it. It's todays reality, time to pay the bill.

It's going to be shame when some whacko tries to put a bullet into him.

She teaches for the love of teaching.

Is it true that there are people in this world who take a job they love at less pay over a job they hate for more? The way the economy is right now I'm sure there's plenty who must work a job or jobs they hate for less. How great is it to have a job you love!

The Governor needs a diet plan, stat.biggrin.gif

It's gonna get real interesting when the teachers go on strike. Right now Christie can fight these people one at a time. I am just curious to see what he'll do when they come together against him..... From what I understand the teachers and their unions are waiting to get something in black and white. Right theres a lot of stuff being floated but nothing firm just yet....

What do you think he'll do facing a massive state wide strikeheadscratch.gif

John

View PostIt's gonna get real interesting when the teachers go on strike. Right now Christie can fight these people one at a time. I am just curious to see what he'll do when they come together against him..... From what I understand the teachers and their unions are waiting to get something in black and white. Right theres a lot of stuff being floated but nothing firm just yet....

John

Put them in jail.

Seriously. I think that's exactly what he will do.

View PostIt's gonna get real interesting when the teachers go on strike. Right now Christie can fight these people one at a time. I am just curious to see what he'll do when they come together against him..... From what I understand the teachers and their unions are waiting to get something in black and white. Right theres a lot of stuff being floated but nothing firm just yet....

John

I won't strike. I don't like the guy and I certainly don't like a lot of what he's doing, but it's wrong to walk out on the kids.

I will give the Gov. credit for big balls and a willingness to take his lumps. A little honesty and a direct approach is also refreshing.

That teacher claimed that if she was paid three dollars an hour, for every child she taught per hour, she would make $83k and she didn't make near that. THey pulled the board of ed records, and she makes $86k plus benefits. These teachers have no shame.

Teachers do it because they love it. Teachers do it because that love it. That's the only reason I do it.
So then what is that teacher doing complaining about the pay?

View PostThat teacher claimed that if she was paid three dollars an hour, for every child she taught per hour, she would make $83k and she didn't make near that. THey pulled the board of ed records, and she makes $86k plus benefits. These teachers have no shame.

for a sell out of every Yankees home game, A-Rod makes about 2.60 dollars per person per hour who he entertains during the game.

View PostI like the guy, he says it as it is.

We're broke, we've been spending too much for too long and something has to be done.

No one likes to take bad tasting medicine but we're all going to have to suck it up and deal with it. It's todays reality, time to pay the bill.

It's going to be shame when some whacko tries to put a bullet into him.

Think he'll pop?

86,000 for working half a day 9 1/2 months a year...she should really sit down and zip it.....

another group of employees who are getting huge raises evrychance it comes up are federal employees.....their raises just come no matter what...not linked to arbitration, not linked to inflation....nothing just get raises

John

I would think he could easily hire scabs, there are a lot of highly EDUCATED people who would be willing to work for the same pay or less. And they would not be beholden to the new group, as they would not be bound by contract. In a different economy he might have to kiss their ass, but right now.....I don't know if the teachers should really consider striking.....I get the impression that Christie isnt the type to back down and is trying to make a statement on a national level ( if he has natioanl level dreams, its sad to say, but in the American idol era he better lose weight---but cigarettes and coke didnt hold cwm27.gif bama back so maybe not)

The NJEA is really doing a lousy job of supporting the teachers' cause. Christie is outmaneuvering them every which way. clapping.gif

I feel bad for the teachers; they are victimized by terrible leadership and getting wrong advice in dealing with the recession. x They all should be agreeing to a pay freeze - it's only for one year, after all - and contribute to health benefits like everyone else in private business. Their reputations are in such shambles that it could be years before they're repaired.

Even the firemen and cops don't want to be associated with the teachers and their unions - they are that toxic these days.

Now if only Christie would force the rich to share in the sacrifice as well.