Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DerrickT

Off topic Tavern Stoopid that leaked into the Main Forum

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

View PostYeah...we have the same fish on the East Coast bud. We don;t get all emotional like you though here. Must be a Westie thing.

Buy a Van Staal and a 1209 and rip that stupid trout outta the river like a man already....

I bet they don't even have clambrella rigs out there. Had I not had a back reel feature on my Bendmeover reel those steelys would have killed me in the surf during the spring run

View PostI bet they don't even have clambrella rigs out there. Had I not had a back reel feature on my Bendmeover reel those steelys would have killed me in the surf during the spring run

I just can't imagine the guys in NY fishing the Salmon crying out.."IF ONLY I HADN'T BOUGHT THIS DAMN STELLA!!!!!!"

They don;t need Clambrella's..they have 10000's of 60#ers beaching themselves in front of Gramma!!

View PostCan the Zebco backreel?

yes has switchable anti reverse.

backlashes ? lol , its not a 202 !

I used braid a few times no problem, but really designed for mono

one of the best spinning reels of the previous century .

View PostEven better, it can give you windknots and backlashes icon14.gif

View Postyes has switchable anti reverse.

backlashes ? lol , its not a 202 !

I used braid a few times no problem, but really designed for mono

one of the best spinning reels of the previous century .

Hey, that sexy 202 on the beach REALLY brings the hotties over asking where you got such bling. Uber pimp, if you will.

View PostShows what a difference a coast makes. I don't know of anyone in Oregon who considers a striper to be a real sport fish. Cast a bobber and a glob of worms upstream (Umpqua River) and reel it back when it is downstream. I have a photo somewhere of a grandma back in about the '20's with (4) 60+ pounders at her feet. Doesn't do anything for me, but to each his (her) own. Now salmon and steelies get my pump going.

This your Grand ma? wink.gif

Oregon64 lbs 8 ozUmpqua River Beryl Bliss 1973

No I met Beryl, he was a guy.wink.gif

Psst if you had said forty pounders you might have fooled a few people, (not many though)

Easy guys he is from Oregon, must be related to the guy from there that was calling Mike Fixter a tree Hugger cwm27.gif Hmmm could it be the same guy?confused.gif

Oregonites are salmon fanatics. I know a biologist from Oregon that despises them, so I understand his attitude. That attitude is prevalent up there. What I don't get is, Why he would come to a striped bass site and get involved in our community, It is beyond me when he considers them as a trash fish.headscratch.gif

I for one, think nothing of salmon except as a meal. (or in the old days $$$$$$$ cash baby!!!) In the surf, They won't hit surface plugs, hit spoons like a ballerina and take no drag when hooked, then roll over and bleed to death. I would consider a bluefish a much better replacement species than salmon.

Though there are reports that stripers in Oregon are hermaphrodites caused by inbreeding. Could be happening to other species up there as well.

Though there are reports that stripers in Oregon are hermaphrodites caused by inbreeding. Could be happening to other species up there as well.

Yeah,the OP cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif