Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

Citifield...

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

We made our first visit to Citifield last week (Friday) to see the Mets/Yankee's game. As a lifelong ticket holder at Shea, I have to tell you, I was utterly disappointed.

First off, getting to the stadium still sucks, but that isn't the Met's fault. However, they've reconfigured the parking access and made it much more difficult. The parking lots themselves are screwy and parking is now $19.00.

We were a little rushed (getting to the stadium sucks) and didn't have a lot of time to walk around the stadium, but at first blush, the rotunda is a big yawn, and I must have missed the escalator because we had to walk to the other end of the stadium (left field area) to find one only to have to walk back to our seats (even with the pitchers mound).

We were in the promonade area, which is one level below the upper deck. The seats there cost almost as much as my box seats on first base at Shea. The high tech video screens are nice.

Seating is in rows, and not boxes, which sucks. Anytime somone needs to get a beer, hit the head, whatever, the entire row needs to stand up.

Leaving the stadium is equally a nightmare. Where shea had ramps, this place has stairs, and it causes a major log jam.

I have to say, big thumbs down.

i was a loyalist to shea -

I couldn't disagree with you more -

we been to a few games starting with the opening weekend last year.

I've trained it and drove it - no issues. The $19 parking should have gotten you into the lot over the old infield. Leaving had non of the 30 minute waits to get out of the lot like the old stadium

food and choices are great

seats feel closer to the game, interesting angles, and more than enough places on the prommenade to walk about and get another view of the game.

We sat in the center field section one game - you can appreciate how much different the ball game appears to a centerfielder and how far a home run to center really is.

Did the wffile ball park with the kids one game - great diversion considering it's hard for kids to sit and watch a major league 9 inning game.

bathrooms - no contest

games at shea were boring - pitchers ball parks

this park is loaded with places to get doubles and triples - much more exciting baseball.

while I hear what you say about the long rows v boxes, now you can go to a game with an odd number of people and not have to decide who is with your group and who sits with another family.

embrace the change - citifield blows away shea.

We made our first visit to Citifield last week (Friday) to see the Mets/Yankee's game.

I was there. Sect 107, row 26.

My first trip there. Awesome ballpark.

Took the 7 train from midtown - got there in 20 minutes. Enjoyed the abuse Met fans were dishing to fake yankee fans.

I liked the "Moments in Mets History" walk o fame.

Checked out the promenade - wiffle ball park, Shake Shack, incredibly long bathroom lines and equally long food lines.

Compared to Shea... you can't. Shea was a dump... but it was our dump.

Compared to Bush Stadium in St Louis - they got it right.

Not a bad seat in the house.

Lots of good Met memorabilia, nostalgia etc.... in the Met Hall of Fame.

If I go again, I'll do a Seastreak package deal. No driving.

Like I said, I didn't get to see the entire park, but what I saw didn't make me damp.

I simply can't justify the cost to pay for field level seats when I can go to see the blueclaws on the cheap, eating the same hotdog and drinking the the same cold beer but without the loud obnoxious drunken fans.

I'm done with MLB parks.

Watching the 1980 and 1984 Mets yearbook show during last nights rain delay made me realize how much I miss Shea, and how much I hate this new stadium. My wife agree's.

He is what we need to enjoy a baseball game.

1) A seat.

2) A cold beer. Perhaps 2.

3) 2 Hot dogs.

That's it.

I am a season ticket holder for the LI Ducks

Great fun for the family - our Cub Scouts are presenting the colors tomorrow. The look on the kids faces when the opposing team players run by the boys and high five them while we wait on the field is priceless.

We go to a couple of mets and yankee games each year.

We are getting into keeping a scorecard at games.

It's all good, nice balance between price, quality of play and having fun.

View Postwhen I can go to see the blueclaws on the cheap, .

Hey, I check teh boxscore every BLueclaws game, when you go root for Anthoyn Hewitt, he's the kid I "know" who was drafted in teh first round a couple of years ago. He's doing better this year, but K's WAY too much. THey also got a 17 y/o who is struggling mightily, SOmingo Santana. RIght now SIngleton who was put on the team a couple of weeks ago, is on a TORRID pace. He's hitting liek .425, a bunch of HR's and 2B's, RBIs - he won' tbe there long. THey also have potential prospects Jiqan Jame, Seb Valle, Leandro CAstro in the field, and a couple of ptichers who throw really hardl starting with COlvin who I think tops out at 98.

Mets fan that has been to Citi once. From where I live, I prefer to go to see them in Philly. Easier access, cheaper parking and good deals for seats.

The stadiums are similar but I get a feeling there is better access and views in Philly. There are places where you can stand in line for a beer and still see the game. The overall seeting is a little lower to the field.