Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Cloudy Cool Thursday.....

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

But after two days in the mid 90's, I ain't complaining. Supposed to be decent thru the weekend in the upper 70's to mid 80's, but they always say that, so we'll see.......

And yes, a day early, but it is a holiday weekend so..........

Whatchya making?

Tonight is London Broil on the grill.

Weekend plans haven't been discussed with the boss yet but things I will throw out there for her to choose from......tomorrow will either be Chinese or pizza takeout.

The three weekend days......Big Y has porterhouse steaks for $4.98/lb, so that is an option. Softshells are still available, so that is a possibility, but am leaning against it after 3 weeks of them, unless she protests. Sometimes for the summer holiday weekends, she suggests the traditional burgers, and I won't argue with that. And I am also thing about brats with onions and peppers. Another choice is Stop and Shop has ribs for $1.99/lb, so I will throw that out there.

And just about everyplace has sirloin steak tips on sale for $3.99/lb, but we just did that last week, so, eh.

For the week, it will depend on what we end with on the weekend, and what the weather does next week. If cool enough, am thinking of something with mussels for one night. And I still have plenty of home-made kielbasa in the freezer, as well as one more meal of Louisiana Delta hot tamales.

So, she's got plenty of choices, but we'll have to see how it all pans out.

What are YOU making?

Whatever it is, have a pleasant and SAFE holiday weekend, and be careful, cause as we all know, the CRAZIES (and the police) will be out on the road for the first holiday of the "summer".

I'm gettin me a Flat Steve and we're going shopping!

Looks like it's gonna be a nice weekend, fishing Saturday, I ordered a new rod yesterday and it's supposed to deliver today. biggrin.gif

I hope its not a star nickelite - those things suck

walp, tonight will probably be a power bar out on the water

tomorrow night I'm gonna be busy packing so prolly a quick pasta dish of some sort - girlie made a neat little thing the other night with chicken, fresh cherry tomatoes, and a white wine and plum juice sauce over angel hair that kicked some good ass, so maybe something like that.

saturday I'll be eating bloody marys and martini olives as I spend the whole day on planes and in airports, probably have a valium for dinner

sunday I'll be eating whatever movie stars and power agents serve at weddings - going by what I've seen on entourage this should be cold seafood, cocaine, vodka, and casual sex with underweight 19 year olds. I can probably lobby for 2 of the 4.

memorial day will be spent on planes and in airports, so I'm guessing I'll be eating bloodies and olives all day again.

Tonight's gonna be pheasant stir fry with birds I shot last fall.

I'm doing my first batch of ribs this weekend. So Sat will likely be smoked ribs, followed by canal lobsters on Sun.

Got some out or town family tomorrow so thinking might do some ribs and lobster. Hoping some decent early corn but haven't seen it yet. Guess it's still FL corn?

View Postgive it to Will, he can use it as a lightning rod icon14.gif

It's a good thing schmoopie didn't let ya fish last night, old guy like you wouldn't have made it off the breakwall in time. tongue.gif

View PostI'm gonna need about 4 days worth of striped bass recipes, Steve---can you help a brother out? biggrin.gif

You suck........

wink.gif

I KNEW bailing cause of the lightning Thursday morning was the wrong choice.......redface.gif

View PostYou suck........

wink.gif

I KNEW blowing off Thursday morning was the wrong choice.......redface.gif

I would have only needed 3 days worth of recipes if I was talking about yesterday wink.gif

View PostI would have only needed 3 days worth of recipes if I was talking about yesterday wink.gif

Yeah, I heard all about it.........almost went this morning instead, but way too close to the maddening crowd time for my tastes......