Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChocoLab

I'm in love w/ this boat...

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

though I'll probably never be able to afford one, aren't these boats ridicuolously sweet!!! plate aluminum, durable, no maintenance.. a man can dream...

yeah, i know that, but i think i wouldn't mind giving up all the waxing and washing.. I love my glass boat, but those things just look lean and mean...

Been drooling over a V2025 HT for the past 4 years .. Some dayheart.gif ... missed out on a used one by a few months guess it wasn't ment to be. As

View PostBeen drooling over a V2025 HT for the past 4 years .. Some dayheart.gif ... missed out on a used one by a few months guess it wasn't ment to be. As

wow, didn't think i'd ever see or hear of a used one anywhere. maybe there is hope...

My friend has this boat and I have been out on it many times. It's a really cool boat. His is rigged with a 225hp Honda. Its a tough boat for sure but does not ride anywhere as nice as my Grady 222. Sorry....

View PostMy friend has this boat and I have been out on it many times. It's a really cool boat. His is rigged with a 225hp Honda. Its a tough boat for sure but does not ride anywhere as nice as my Grady 222. Sorry....

Yea but try bouncing your grady off a couple rocks when you're in tight on a deep hole.cwm13.gif

Pacific... drool.gif Definitely a sweet ride. Looks to be built like a tank...

My Powerball dream is another Aluminum hull, this oneis made by ACB....

3209_Bow_5941.jpg

I've had the opportunity to fish on a friends 23' Pacific a few times.. Awesome boat heart.gif .. The gentleman above who used the word "Tank" has it right.. Its a deep, slab sided workhorse.. Pounding the sides with your fist feels like hitting a bank vault.. I was on it once when it got pretty sloppy, and the ride was comparable to similar sized glass boats with moderate deadrise.. these are not your average lightweight tin boats.. As for what I'd rather bounce off a rock, I'm no engineer, but I'm pretty sure that 1/4" plate aluminum would hold up better than any fiberglass out there.

View Postnor would I suggest doing that in your tin canwink.gif

those boats are no tin cans, they are thick welded aluminum, not a thin aluminum skin on most tinny boats. I really have no idea what the ride is like compared to other glass boats. Truth is i'd have to win lotto to afford one, and if that was the case then I could buy a grady or parker too. I just like the fact that they are virtually indestructable, highly customizable, low maintenance solid boats. I also admit that I like the shiny aluminum too!!!

Want a V1925 rigged with a tiller for fishing d' backwater and beaches - going to be a reality hopefully within the next couple of years. They are as bad arse as they come...though like everything else - they're not for everyone. There was a MINT V1925CC listed for sale as late as last week for under 20K on d' west coast.

East Coast Jay's got d' rights and makes em up in ME = BLM (Black Lab Marine)

West Coast = all Pacific.