Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zmkm

boston charles river striper?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody fished stripers on charles river in boston? I stopped by lechmere/science museum/galleria mall area on sunday night and saw some fish swimming around but not sure what type of fish, might be striper or some huge bass, or maybe carp, but nobody was fishing there. I heard that some people catching stripers upstream of charles river recently at the watertown area. So there must be some stripers swimming in the river. Would like to give a try but don't know too much about the shoreline fishing along charles. Is it OK to fish stripers from shore at science museum/galleria mall area? Any good spot or effective lure?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated! thanks!

call up the Orvis shop near faneil hall. i was in there...not on purpose, but needed flouro and happened to be walking to the north end.

they have some locales up on a board, and could talk you through it. next to the marriott east of the bridges (charlestown) would be one. it's high up though, so take a heavy leader or a bridge net.

Definite stripers in the Charles...There are a few key spots where they seem to hang more consistantly and the rest is a case of 'catching'em as they pass through'...I don't want to give up names of places, but will tell you that these spots are near the opposite ends of their charles river range...:-) But you can catch them anywhere in there at any given time.

Thanks for all your input! I appreciated! smile.gif

I am not looking for somebody's favorite spot but just some general information. Now I know there are stripers there. I am gonna walk along the charles to explore! highfive.gif

Thanks!

The whole area behind the Royal Sonesta Hotel, from the docks to the water disharge pipe from the hotel. I have gotten stripers there in April (due to the warm water discharge).

View PostThe whole area behind the Royal Sonesta Hotel, from the docks to the water disharge pipe from the hotel. I have gotten stripers there in April (due to the warm water discharge).

Thanks a lot! highfive.gif