Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hairy Beast

Media now moving in next door to Palin to be close to her

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Journalist Joe McGinniss is working on a book about Sarah Palin. He's also now her next door neighbor. From the Washington Post:

The former Alaska governor posted on her Facebook page Tuesday
of the back of a blue-shirted, chino-clad man who she says is famed author

"Yes, that Joe McGinniss," Palin writes. "Here he is -- about 15 feet away on the neighbor's rented deck overlooking my children's play area and my kitchen window. Maybe we'll welcome him with a homemade blueberry pie tomorrow so he'll know how friendly Alaskans are."

McGinnis is perhaps best known for his youthful book on the Nixon campaign, "The Selling of the President 1968," which has become a classic of political journalism. But he has also written a book on the oil pipeline in Alaska, and his "Fatal Vision" from 1984, on the Jeffrey MacDonald murder trial, became a popular cause celebre.

McGinniss is a master of immersive journalism, and he is currently writing a book about Palin. (She was also the subject of a none-too-flattering
by McGinniss in Portfolio last

year).

Anybody else find this a bit creepy?

Palin expressed surprise to see him overlooking her lawn and her daughter Piper's bedroom.

"Upon my family's return this morning from endorsement rallies and speeches in the Lower 48 states, I finally got the chance to tackle my garden and lawn this evening! ... Needless to say, our outdoor adventure ended quickly after Todd went to introduce himself to the stranger who was peering in..." she writes.

"Joe announced to Todd that he's moved in right next door to us. He's rented the place for the next five months or so. He moved up all the way from Massachusetts to live right next to us - while he writes a book about me. Knowing of his many other scathing pieces of 'journalism' (including the bizarre anti-Palin administration oil development pieces that resulted in my Department of Natural Resources announcing that his work is the most twisted energy-related yellow journalism they'd ever encountered), we're sure to have a doozey to look forward to with this treasure he's penning. Wonder what kind of material he'll gather while overlooking Piper's bedroom, my little garden, and the family's swimming hole?"

This pretty much speaks for itself.

How much did he rent the place for?

Was the place for rent before he made an offer?

This whole thing stinks, how creepy will some authors go for a story? This sets the bar pretty high.

How will the Palin's greet the sell-out neighbor when they get back home?

No doubt this dude is very strange to do such a thing. I knew a guy who thought it was amusing to move next to his recently divorced wife ---- until her boyfriend kicked his a$$.

I personally hope that Todd makes mince meat out of the guy. If I found somebody peering into my daughters bedroom window it would be his last gesture.

View Postshe gets a lot of mileage by playing the victim

As well she should. The slime that is major media has bashed her more than anyone I can remember in my 60+ years.

The tide will turn on this media filth as their annointed one establishes himself as the main toid in the cesspool that is DC!!!

Angry Palin neighbor offered house to journalist

Thu May 27, 2:34 pm ET

One thing that's been unclear in the three-day saga of Sarah Palin and new neighbor Joe McGinniss - now with a 14-foot fence between them - is how the journalist (and future unauthorized Palin biographer) managed to rent the house right next door.

So far, McGinniss has been silent about his new home, and has not responded to several requests from Yahoo! News. But his son, novelist Joe McGinniss Jr., claims to have the answer.

McGinniss Jr., in an email to a Palin supporter now published on Politico, wrote that his father is "not stalking anyone" and, in fact, it was the neighbor who approached him about the Wasilla digs.

"A woman was renting her house and sought out the author because the Palins had crossed her (owed her money for renovations she had done at their request and never paid her for)," he wrote. "So she knew McGinniss was writing the book and found him and offered him the house."

McGinniss Jr. added that if an author is writing a book on a single person, "it would be journalistic malpractice" not to jump at the chance to move in next door. "We want to read the work of someone who is as close to their subject as possible," he continued. "That's called reporting. And when it's for a book about someone, all the more important to be close."

As for Palin's jabs at his father on Facebook, McGinniss Jr. described the sarcastic note as a "middle-school style reaction."

- Michael Calderone is the media writer for Yahoo! News.

View PostAngry Palin neighbor offered house to journalist

Thu May 27, 2:34 pm ET

One thing that's been unclear in the three-day saga of Sarah Palin and new neighbor Joe McGinniss - now with a 14-foot fence between them - is how the journalist (and future unauthorized Palin biographer) managed to rent the house right next door.

So far, McGinniss has been silent about his new home, and has not responded to several requests from Yahoo! News. But his son, novelist Joe McGinniss Jr., claims to have the answer.

McGinniss Jr., in an email to a Palin supporter now published on Politico, wrote that his father is "not stalking anyone" and, in fact, it was the neighbor who approached him about the Wasilla digs.

"A woman was renting her house and sought out the author because the Palins had crossed her (owed her money for renovations she had done at their request and never paid her for)," he wrote. "So she knew McGinniss was writing the book and found him and offered him the house."

McGinniss Jr. added that if an author is writing a book on a single person, "it would be journalistic malpractice" not to jump at the chance to move in next door. "We want to read the work of someone who is as close to their subject as possible," he continued. "That's called reporting. And when it's for a book about someone, all the more important to be close."

As for Palin's jabs at his father on Facebook, McGinniss Jr. described the sarcastic note as a "middle-school style reaction."

- Michael Calderone is the media writer for Yahoo! News.

Tell me that you don't actually believe this sportyguy33.

Dennis