Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoreBum

US verses Czech rep.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

A barn burner...3-2 Czechs.

The Czechs were ranked very high (top ten) during the last word cup in 2006...they are currently ranked 29th while the us are currently ranked 14th.

World cup is AWESOME!! Soccer SUCKS but world cup soccer is some good stuff. One of my most memorable sporting moments was watching the world cup in an Irish pub in Boston with some of my irish co-workers. It was 6am and the pub was full and folks were drinking singing songs and cheering the Irish. The Irish lost to Portugal in the world cup 3-2 (I think) but it was a hell of a match.

the FIFA rankings are a joke...i'm convinced the US ranking is artificially kept in the teens to try and drum up national interest...

the US got spanked by the czechs in the last world cup, and if memory serves the czechs didn't even make it out of group play...

View Postthe FIFA rankings are a joke...i'm convinced the US ranking is artificially kept in the teens to try and drum up national interest...

the US got spanked by the czechs in the last world cup, and if memory serves the czechs didn't even make it out of group play...

We also thumped Italy, although it ended in a tie, and we were a man down. The ref effed up a call that cost us a goal and we tied 1-1, and Italy went on to win the WC.

View PostWe also thumped Italy, although it ended in a tie, and we were a man down. The ref effed up a call that cost us a goal and we tied 1-1, and Italy went on to win the WC.

Wasn't Italy playing a man down also??...i think the ref tossed everyone that game...for some reason, we do seem to play Italy tough, no idea why...

View PostWasn't Italy going down on a man also??...i think the ref tossed everyone's salad...for some reason, we do seem to play Italy tough, no idea why...

cwm13.gif

View PostYou always pop up everywhere ! cwm27.gif

I got whacked in the Mainie yesterday. By the Pope himself.

Safer here in the Sporteh...just me, Dinghy, and the tumbleweeds.

Oh - and the soccer f@gs.

View PostI got whacked in the Mainie yesterday. By the Pope himself.

Safer here in the Sporteh...just me, Dinghy, and the tumbleweeds.

Oh - and the soccer f@gs.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif