Rip Curl Watches

Rate this topic

squidder 329

Had one really liked it but the tide table expired and I didn't feel like playing with it. Anybody have experience with the Oceansearch Rincon or Bell models. Having a hard time finding local stores carrying them, half the stores on their website no longer carry them.

View PostHad one really liked it but the tide table expired and I didn't feel like playing with it. Anybody have experience with the Oceansearch Rincon or Bell models. Having a hard time finding local stores carrying them, half the stores on their website no longer carry them.

I just googled them & there are plenty around!

Ultimate Ocean Search (titanium) is fantastic. My only complaint is that these watches must sit around for a while because the battery was almost dead out of the box. But you just mail it to Rip Curl service and you have it back in a few days with a fresh battery (for free).

I called about 10 stores they had listed in south jersey and two had watches, only one had the model I wanted in black face. I wanted to compare the light and dark faces. Some of the stores just carry their clothing, and some no longer carried their product at all. I'll call the delaware stores tomorrow. I did read a couple reports the buttons would seize because of salt water not being rinsed off. Just curious if any one had one.

I had one once, it got stolen then I upgraded to an omega seamaster. I don't think I will need another watch again in this lifetime.....unless it gets stolen

check them out they start out about 2X the price of a rip curl, but the quality is about 10X better

View Posti own a rip curl....i was unter the impression they were lifetimed? if you havent called them already i would now ...ive heard very good things about there cust.serv.

My Rip Curl died. Had it for 15 years or so, never had a problem. While changing the battery, I bent one of the little fingers that makes contact with the battery, so I sent it to Rip Curl for service. They fixed it, charged me $50/$75...something like that. Within a year, a very small leak allowed salt water inside and it destroyed the watch. 15 years without an issue - one trip to Rip Curl for service and they sent it back with a very slow leak cwm13.gif

I send it back to them to be repaired, they tell me "Sorry, that model is no longer supported, we don't have parts for them" mad.gif I love the watch, they don't make one like it and can't fix the one I have...that, in my opinion, they should be responsible for...it didn't leak till they repaired it cwm13.gif

It's a tide/moon phase watch that I love...haven't found anything even close that I like frown.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I need a watch. I may look into one of these.....

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

View PostMy Rip Curl died. Had it for 15 years or so, never had a problem. While changing the battery, I bent one of the little fingers that makes contact with the battery, so I sent it to Rip Curl for service. They fixed it, charged me $50/$75...something like that. Within a year, a very small leak allowed salt water inside and it destroyed the watch. 15 years without an issue - one trip to Rip Curl for service and they sent it back with a very slow leak cwm13.gif

I send it back to them to be repaired, they tell me "Sorry, that model is no longer supported, we don't have parts for them" mad.gif I love the watch, they don't make one like it and can't fix the one I have...that, in my opinion, they should be responsible for...it didn't leak till they repaired it cwm13.gif

It's a tide/moon phase watch that I love...haven't found anything even close that I like frown.gif

TimS

that sucks, I send my watch back to them annually for battery and seal replacement. Costs like $20.00 but the watch has been flawless.

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

View Postthat sucks, I send my watch back to them annually for battery and seal replacement. Costs like $20.00 but the watch has been flawless.

Problem was, it took longer than the 90 days they warranty their work for the slow leak to destroy the internals cwm13.gif

So sad...I love the watch redface.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

i dont know if this 100% true...i bought the watch 3 years ago...i thought you werent suppose to service yourself....did they say anything about that when you spoke to them....i would assume at that point its a great excuse{for them} for the watch to mysteriously have a problem.

regardless 15 years is damn good imo...hope mine lasts that long...i also have the tide moon fase and water level with the 200 global tide settings....sick to say the least

I really liked the watch it had a canvas band with a one piece metal frame (no pins), my hand would have gone before the band. Had the battery replaced once without issue for about $20.00, just gave it to a non fishing friend who always admired it.

i have a ripcurl ats tidemaster- i love this watch! i've owned timex to rolex and this is my favorite.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan