Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scuba69

ABU GARCIA GREEN ROCKET 6500CS or REVO TORO 60-HS

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Will be getting my first baitcasting reel and need to make a choice headscratch.gif between the two following reels: "ABU GARCIA GREEN ROCKET 6500CS w/HP7 Upgrade" or "ABU REVO TORO 60-HS".

Will appreciate comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Scuba69

View PostFor what purposes and to be matched with what rod?

Surf Casting for: "Lenguado (Paralichthys microps)" (family of the right-eye flounders ) w/Bait and Rapalas; & Corvina (scaienidae family)w/Rapalas.

Rod is a Tica Dolphin 9'0'' MH.

I have had both. I must say the Toro is a fine casting reel. Used one for throwing metal from the beach on a 10' rod and it did fine......The only thing lacking was the quality. The reel will work but the Sewden round reel will outlast it...

Get both, I have the toro 50 and a 6500 cs pro rocket...both are good reels. The toro actually doest cast really far with the right rod and line...Im able to cast mine well over 60 yards on a good calm day. And of course the pro rocket is a good casting machine.

Revo, Revo, Revo, I have one, its caught striper, 45 pound catfish, gar, etc. It is my favorite reel, and, I highly recommend it. With a '7"6 rod and braid I can cast it 100 Meters. It has everything the 6500 has and a lot more. A machined frame, better metal, and a higher retrieve ratio.

Distance casting with a 6500 reel is practical because there are frames which permit the removal of the level wind. I know of no such component for the Revo. If you need to cast any distance, I'd suggest the 6500; or, better still, a Penn 525 or small Saltist or Saltiga.