Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Trailer questions?

2 posts in this topic

I have a 16 ft enclosed trailer that I use for work, I have a couple of questions, my first question is do you rotate tires on a trailer, it does have a dual axle, next question is what do you use to clean it, I would like to try and get the black/grey streaks off the side of it from the aluminum rails that are on the top of it, thanks for your help,mattsmile.gif

1. Rotating tires is rather pointless on a trailer since the the axles are pre cambered for you GVWR if you are getting uneven tire wear it usually means you have a bent axle

2. Bearings only need grease every 6 months or 50,000 miles if you have a E-Z lube spindles or bearing buddies DO NOT OVER FILL THEM you can blow out the seals.

3. If regular detergents won't get you black marks off try something a lil stronger like lacquer thinner but do not get it on the painted skins if this does not work try WD40 and a light Scotch Bright pad and rub in the same direction as the extruding marks (grain)

I can go on for quite a while if there is anything else you need to know just ask