Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stanley K

FS USA Van Staal 150B

19 posts in this topic

As much as I don't want to do this, I need the money more than I need the reel. If anything I'll buy another one when I can biggrin.gif

Reel is a USA made Van Staal 150B

Serial number 7480

It has it's scratches, but it's pretty solid mechanically. The only problem with it is that the roll pin on the spool shaft hits the bottom of the flyer and makes a clicking noise, if you can get past that then you have a fine reel.

I bought it without the box, manuals and whatever else came with the reel so that will not be included.

There is 14lb hi-vis green Fireline on it that is practically new too

Looking for $400 + cost of shipping and insurance and 3% for any fees associated with PayPal if thats what you want to use

Well its metal to metal, so it's pretty noticeable.

It looks like the spool shaft is a little loose and if you move it approximately 1/8"-1/4" (the most it moves) forward, the clicking noise stops, so I think thats the problem.

I think to fix the problem what you would need to do is tighten it back into place, I'm not sure how to do that.

Hi Stanley K-

Since you're not positive on what is wrong with it and I'd have no idea how to fix it, and would have to send it back to VS for repair, I'll offer you $250.00 and take a chance that the repairs aren't too costly.

The rules are first to say I'll take it gets it, so I think jon2465 gets it. Sorry you didnt get the time to answer back, but I really need the money and took the first good offer I got.

If jon backs out, you're next in line. Plus there have been a bunch of good deals on used Van Staals on here recently, even one for about $250 if I'm not mistaken, so I'm sure you can find one.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0