Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESyakr

Fluke color combinations?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Going flounda feeshin tomorrow (Fluke to you nawtheners, down here, their called "flounda"biggrin.gif ). Anyway, Ive tied some rigs, I dressed the hooks with little plastic squids, and made some in each color, white, yellow, and pink. It just so happens I have Gulp Swimming Mullets in those 3 colors. Should I put pink on pink, white on white, and yellow on yellow, or should I mix it up, or does it matter? I'm kinda new to the summer flounder fishing game, and appreciate any advice.

One more thing. I tied some with 4/0 Octopus hooks, and some with 4/0 Shiner hooks. Is either one better than the other?

Get you some Gulp Jerk Shads. You will not use the Swimming Mullets again. I use 5" and 7" with the 7" being my favorite. I make my own heads using Mustad Black Nickel Ultrapoint jig hooks. I only use the Chartruese Shad color but have different color jig heads(red,white, chartruese and black).

Dean

I like white and yellow/chartreuse or white and pink. Straight chartreuse works too. Not a big fan of just straight white or straight pink, though. To each his own I guess.