Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MaineBass

Reaching Out

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hey gang,

Finally down to one week before I get to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend on the Cape, been a long time coming. I don't want anyone to spot burn obviously but I have been reading some posts and am a little worried about the location of the fish. Because I am not from the area I have been fishing spots that everyone knows about for the last 5 years. I know this because of the number of fisherman and women I see there on my yearly trip. Don't have a ton of time to explore. I am staying in N. Orleans and typically fish around the chatham and brewster area. Doesn't seem like the fish have made there way up there in great numbers or are they there? Just looking to see if anyone is having luck in that area and monomoy area. Don't need specific locations but may consider venturing out and trying other locations if the fish have yet to make there way to that area. Again not looking for a specific place, rock or beach but general areas meaning towns etc. as far as the location of these little gems. Any info. is greatly appreciated and you can PM me if you want.

There are some fish around. I just came back from the cape. I fished from the bass river to monomoy over the last 10 days. It took a bit more work than usual but still managed to find fish.

I fished this am and thought that there were more fish around today than there had been for the last 10 days. They still were fairly tentative with their hits and I lost way more fish than usual.

I don't have any magic for you but would expect if you get out and look you will find some fish. We did much better just before sun up and around first light and it seemed to slow as the day went on.

Good luck.

John