Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mugz

18' Above Ground Pool

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Took old pool down..........ready to put up new pool. Have area leveled and pavers installed for bottom rail. I am going to use a liner guard and the styrofoam pool cove. I have some sand base. I have about 5 guys coming to lend a hand during installation. Any hints, tips, advice that could save me some time? Nervous about the install.......

I uploaded a series of videos on-line about installation...they seem pretty good.

Did it last year... Took down a neighbor's pool and erected it in my yard. It was a ridiculous amount of hardware!! The hardest part was getting the site ready. My ground was way out of level and I had to remove several large trees and stumps.

My wife and I put the structure up, installed the liner, and filled the pool over a weekend. Just go slow. Have you seen the shop-vac method to draw the liner into the pool wall? It worked great.

When I did mine about 30 years ago, I put down the sand base and then drove a pipe into the ground at the center. I took a straight 10 ft 2x4 and drilled it to slide over the pipe. I then clamped a level to the 2x4 with a block under one end to give my the pitch I wanted and used a vicegrip on the pipe to prevent the 2x4 from creeping up the pipe. Then I just swung the board around 360 degrees screeding the sand base while using the level to maintain pitch. It was easy and came out perfect. A shop vac thru the skimmer hole (before liner was cut) settled everything out nicely.

When I did mine 8 or 9 years ago, I made it bowl shaped so it's deeper in the middle. Adds a lot to the aesthetics of the pool, IMO. Make sure the liner you're using allows you to do it though.

When I put mine in many moons ago, I used a water level.

Just a length of clear tubing with water in it, where each post goes, I put in a spike and marked at level, and that's how I set my blocks, then just back grade the sand.

Very easy and came out perfect.