Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thesnowman

3R's beach erosion????

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Last year when I was at 3r's at high tide the water was coming almost up to the sand dune and there was hardly any room to park between the water and the dune. Did they do any beach replenishment or is this any better I'd like to know before I spend the 120 on the pass and drive for 3.5 hours. I don't like having water washin up under my truck...headscratch.gif

No beach replenishment has been completed at 3Rs. However, the winter storms usually change the beach width a lot. Once the year progresses the beach goes back to its' normal width.

What does confound me is why 3Rs is so popular? The beaches just a few miles North are less crowded and often more productive.

View Postits not sand erosion its the level of water you forget we just went through the worst witer in 100 years plus alot of rain sense

cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif " yea I" agree with bassn... cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif The rain we have been having lately has come from the West Coast storms always moving east bringing all the rain and snow with it. which has left the eastern shore with a huge amout of extra water!clapping.gifclapping.gifbeers.gif This just gets better and better everyday!beers.gif

The amount of snow which was a record amount in over a hundred years did in fact has our tides running higher that normal plus all the rain on top of it.And all the wind comming from certain directions.Its not erosion they are making money off this crap and some people just dont get it they have to spend by drawing up bs like erosion so they can get more.Why be concerned they r taking away the fishing areas slowly but surely.Wait before long you wont have the beaches they will for there 4 million dollar homes just a matter of time

A good barometer to analyze beach erosion is the pilings driven into the sand at the far Southern end of the State Park. Early in the year, up to March and April those pilings have about 5 feet of wood exposed at times. When most of you visit the beach those pilings are about 2.5 feet above the sand. That's a good 2.5 feet worth of sand washing up and replenishing the way the beach looks.

Storms during the "in" season rarely wash up or take away as much as the Winter storms and tide changes. I can only speak from what I've seen since 1998, about 13 Winters worth of erosion and natural replenishment; otherwise known as the cycle of sand placement.

View PostThe amount of snow which was a record amount in over a hundred years did in fact has our tides running higher that normal plus all the rain on top of it.And all the wind comming from certain directions.Its not erosion

I wasn't sure where to stop your quote; your sentence structure is a little hard to follow. Got any facts to back that up or is this like the rest of your posts?

I would think that all the east coast beaches saw a little above average erosion this past winter with all the nor-easters we had. ALMOST everyone knows that a stiff northeast wind is hard on the beach, almost as hard on the beach as all that extra fresh water raising our tides. kooky.gif

cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif We have the same silly chite when it comes to discussions on the state of the Susky. Words mean things. Every one is entitled to their own opinion what you are not entitled to are your own "facts".