Light Rain Coats

Rate this topic

Icepants

Columbia makes some really nice light weight,breathable & waterproof jackets. There Omni-Tech line.. You can't beat them for this time of the year and into summer for keeping dry and cool while fishing.. If you can find one of their discount/outlet type stores ( GSP exit 100A here in NJ) they are really cheap in price...

View PostI got a cheap BPS Redhead light coat for like 20 bucks. Works great.

View PostColumbia makes some really nice light weight,breathable & waterproof jackets. There Omni-Tech line.. You can't beat them for this time of the year and into summer for keeping dry and cool while fishing.. If you can find one of their discount/outlet type stores ( GSP exit 100A here in NJ) they are really cheap in price...

I have both of these and they were like $20 bucks on closeout. Also want to mention Old Navy has a light rain jacket that folds into a pouch, I bought 4 for $10 each last week, and keep them in the truck. I have like 6 different ones because I'm the same way about my gear, I'm always looking for cheaper and betterkooky.gif

Check out the Gill Dinghy($80) or Pro Dinghy($120). They are meant for sailing but they are AWESOME when wading or in the surf. They have seals on the waist, wrists and neck so you are watertight up to your neck! I bought the pro which has a zip down neck that also has the wetsuit type seal underneath. It's fully breathable, uv protected light as can be and a lifetime guarantee!

Hope this helps. I also have a set of Field & Stream Raingear which is great too ($80), but this jacket rocks for wading and staying dry!biggrin.gif

SGCCCFC
Lobster Troll 15

• 2 months later...

Just bought a set of Frogg Toggs waders that came with their light weight jacket.Both have performed well. The jacket almost feels like tyvec. I was skeptical,but it was free, so I put it through the ropes(rocks) and it held up well.

We're not here for a long time, just a good time cwm12.gif