Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravioli

Dave Matthews Band

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

View PostI really try to keep an open mind with music and know not everything will appeal to you, but i just cant see how this guy is so popular

His drummer sucks too.

View PostI really try to keep an open mind with music and know not everything will appeal to you, but i just cant see how this guy is so popular

I think that band is a "time & place" kind of thing, like very small doses of Jimmy Buffet, you can find the right time & place they don't suck, like one song, max, on a pation bar by the water.

I haven't found a time & place DMB doesn't suck yet though.

View PostClosing out bonnaroo Sunday night. I may just drive home early.

That is funny. The anti riot device. Dave Matthews.

View PostIf Ditch offs himself cuz of DMB, Tammy's gonna kick their asses. beatin.gif

Even if I don't, she should.

Although I think she may still be paralyzed laughing. biggrin.gif

Bonaroo giving everyone a jump on getting home early. Only DMB fans have to stay and suffer through the end -- Nice!!

Must be the MASSES that have it wrong headscratch.gif

Heres to the NEW Boston or Styx Albums due out.....whatever it is you like beers.gif or was it Poison?? cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

But...hes not American cwm12.gif

PS. Its cool if you dont get DMB.....Believe it or not...this may surprise you...some people dont like Pink Floyd even....Or Tom Petty...Imagine that!!

Now go enjoy ur Garthe Brooks will ya.... From the #'s below he is not missing you all that much! cwm27.gif Stay home, enjoy the couch with ur lil dog fluffy..... good times icon14.gif

Top Act Of The Decade: Dave Matthews Band

Posted on Thursday December 31, 2009 at 04:30 PM 13 | rating-on-left.gifrating-on-right.gifrating-on-left.gifrating-on-right.gifrating-on-left.gifrating-on-right.gifrating-on-left.gifrating-on-right.gifrating-on-left.gifrating-on-right.gif

Originally posted Dec. 18, 2009.

Pollstar has compiled its year-end research from 2000 to 2009 and come up with the highest-grossing touring artists of North America for the decade.

Click here to see the Top 50 chart in PDF format.

Coming in at No. 1 is touring juggernaut Dave Matthews Band, grossing nearly $530 million.

"Dave Matthews Band is without question the touring story of the last 10 years," Hooper told Pollstar. "What they have accomplished is truly unprecedented. Many artists tour often, but not as consistently and not even remotely at the same level.

"Another very important point is that this band has never rested on its laurels," he said. "Every time they approach something, whether it's writing a song, recording a record or playing a show, they truly bring it. They never, ever let their fans down. That's why this band is so successful. We are thrilled and proud to have the opportunity to play a role in their career."

"Dave Matthews Band is thankful for fans old and new who've made it the top-selling live act of the decade," Capshaw said. "DMB is a great live band, providing audiences with a unique concert experience. It's an honor to be a part of their continued success."

Pffft...