Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetskibrian

I Can Not Help Myself

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

My wife and I had a little time this morning so I we took the jet ski from our house in Poquoson to New Point Comfort Light off of Gloucester Virginia. My wife likes to call it "Pretty Beach" It was a nice ride of about twenty miles and we had the place to ourselves. The wild life was great and I took over 250 pictures of which these 8 came out pretty good. I cant help but put them up, a couple made me laugh.

pelican-1.jpg

birds7.jpg

bird4-2.jpg

birds8.jpg

bird9.jpg

birds-3.jpg

catchers-1.jpg

birds2-1.jpg

I don't know you, butt I was thinking these were the two you were speaking of. And I don't know photography, but the symmetry in the composition of these two is really neat. The obvious aside, it's also the minor detail beyond the subjects in #4 and #7, whether included by chance or design, that really adds something special in my view. You really have an eye for great photos.

Thanks, I have a Nikon D-40 and was using a 70-300mm lense. I am not a photographer but I am an avid angler who likes to take pictures while I am out on the water. The long legged orange billed birds walking on the beach are Oyster Catchers. The " Groupies" in #2 are Royal Terns I believe. It was a good morning.

You are a Photographer, IMO. And you are indeed right about the Royal Tern--not that I would have known this off the top of my head. I know so little of all the shore birds that I use a field guide, and then, there are so many so similar, that I still won't know. However, I'm confident that you are correct because the very, very similar Elegant Tern is a a west coast bird.