Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dantheman10

tide question

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

im still new to fishing and I was wondering if someone could explain how the tides work...so far i have had no luck this season but i have not been going by the tide chart...should I go during high tide, low tide, in between? today I was thinking casting out on east greenwhich bay near goddard park around 5 pm which is high tide

Tides are very important...

Learn your areas (Talk to people and go alot), and you will find which tide is more productive and why. Some spots are great at low some at high, totally dependent on where you fish.

very generally you want to fish the top part of the incomming and the first half of the outgoing...generally but that said, some places fish best at low tide like deep hole/gooseberry island ma/pt jude these places at low tide you can wade out to reach deeper water so shallow points we fish at lowtide...its very hard to say this is what you want to do...the fish are allways somewhere...incomming tide the inside of the saltponds are good outgoing the frount or the jettys are good...first light and sunset can be good at any tide... bait look for the bait...june to sept fish at night....spring and fall day fishing can be good but bigger fish get caught at night....if you want any info about a place pm someone/me ...heres something that might happen in the fall....lowtide we check out shallow points we can wade....no fish we move to hit a saltpont inside...no fish we move and hit the beach frount moveing around to about a 1-11/2 hrs into falling tide then we head to a breachway for the dump a good surfcaster knows where he can hide from the wind(places) and if the surfs upbiggrin.gif time on the waters you best friend...but get a gameplan and work it..change as you see things change good luck ed

View Postvery generally you want to fish the top part of the incomming and the first half of the outgoing...generally but that said, some places fish best at low tide like deep hole/gooseberry island ma/pt jude these places at low tide you can wade out to reach deeper water so shallow points we fish at lowtide...its very hard to say this is what you want to do...the fish are allways somewhere...incomming tide the inside of the saltponds are good outgoing the frount or the jettys are good...first light and sunset can be good at any tide... bait look for the bait...june to sept fish at night....spring and fall day fishing can be good but bigger fish get caught at night....if you want any info about a place pm someone/me ...heres something that might happen in the fall....lowtide we check out shallow points we can wade....no fish we move to hit a saltpont inside...no fish we move and hit the beach frount moveing around to about a 1-11/2 hrs into falling tide then we head to a breachway for the dump a good surfcaster knows where he can hide from the wind(places) and if the surfs upbiggrin.gif time on the waters you best friend...but get a gameplan and work it..change as you see things change good luck ed

Sometimes,Ed astounds me with his wisdom.Not often,but every once in awhile.biggrin.gif

the fish are comming into the bay with the incomming tide with the pogys there eating herring too that are heading out of the bay so try the place you asked about if it don't pan out I'd find a place where theres bait herring runs the rivers and the saltponds as the bay heats up the bass will leave out or into deeper water and feed at night newport narragansett into a summer thing...but bait trumps most all rules you find the bait there on you'll catch fishbiggrin.gif

View PostOnly a fool doesn't recognize the original Fish-Pimp....Eddy's the sleeper-cell of surf casters....

kev your a funny guy.

I'm glad you guys can help the rookies.biggrin.gif

Norest . C O M