Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robc22

2010 seabass season

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Well, the MA rec. seabass season kicked off yesterday.A fishing buddy keeps his boat at the wareham river and we left his slip at 0600 and we were fishing around cleveland's by 0630. Fishing was slow with mostly small, just legal sized fish being caught.There was about 25 boats out there fishing plus a couple of head boats. It did not seem that anyone was slamming them. In 3 hours we put about 20 fish in the box.They made for a great dinner last night and the neighbors are happy as well. I think they are one of the nicest eating fish there is. Sorry, no pics.......I left the bloody camera in the truck......

The best eating fish on the planet by far!clapping.gif IMO better than Chilean sea bass. I wish I could buy them in the markets, b/c I would just for a treat.

The frames also make excellent lobster bait too.wink.gif

View PostThe frames also make excellent lobster bait too.wink.gif

Speaking of which, I see a certain trash bag got picked up this morning---I assume it was by yourself biggrin.gif

View PostSpeaking of which, I see a certain trash bag got picked up this morning---I assume it was by yourself biggrin.gif

Yes, thank you.wink.gif The contents of which are in their appropriate place in the canal, hopefully to begin catching after dark.

Went sea bass fishing yesterday AM, caught a few in ~18" range, rest is 13"-16".

Was using small metal jigs, bass is full of sand eels.

i found some in 25' of water this weekend.drool.gif

i'm already planning my recipes for them. gonna miso-sake marinate and grill some filets, blackend spice and sear some other filets, steam some whole with ginger n scallions.

Having grown up in marshfield and fished CC bay my whole life I recently bought a house in middleboro.A month ago I found the tempest knob ramp and have been out striper fishing BB a few times,but have no knowledge on how to fish for seabassheadscratch.gif .Any information would be extremely helpfull.Thank you in advance.

Went out of OCMD to the Jackspot. Lots of unders all day with only a half dozen barely legal ones to show for our efforts. Fishing right next to the best OCMD headboat and couldn't produce.

Glad some members posted sea bass pics.....checked my canal lobster gear today....the camera was in the wader pocket and I took a fall head first....I was O.K. but the camera.....oh boy...... Having a two day difference between a scup and a seabass opening shows how crazy fisheries management is getting in this state..........kooky.gif

View PostGlad some members posted sea bass pics.....checked my canal lobster gear today....the camera was in the wader pocket and I took a fall head first....I was O.K. but the camera.....oh boy...... Having a two day difference between a scup and a seabass opening shows how crazy fisheries management is getting in this state..........kooky.gif

Easy buddy...you're not as young as you used to be...biggrin.gif

View Postit's a shame scup rec season wasn't open yet, I caught a few of the biggest scup i've ever seen on saturday...

same here Dave. threw back enough for dinner for a week.

View PostHaving grown up in marshfield and fished CC bay my whole life I recently bought a house in middleboro.A month ago I found the tempest knob ramp and have been out striper fishing BB a few times,but have no knowledge on how to fish for seabassheadscratch.gif .Any information would be extremely helpfull.Thank you in advance.

i haven't been able to find any location to really successfully target them from shore. i think its more of a boat game. i've caught them before bottom fishing using squid, clam, seaworm, even crabs for bait. they'll also take a metal jig.