Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lakelurker39

Best freshwater memory

26 posts in this topic

I was fishing with a friend in NJ around hamilton and we were in his blow up raft. We were fishing for about 4 hours and my friend lost a nice bass on a buzzbait. We fished a little longer and i used a buzzbait ( a lure which i had no confidence in) given to me by my grandfather ( he is deceased) and im reeling this buzzbait in through dense lily pads and WHAM!! a 6 pound bass explodes on the buzzbait. Needless to say, we were fishing earlier in the day when it started to pour rain on us. We decided to stay out and we caught that nice bass. Biggest bass of my life.

fishing with a good friend of mine in a local lake. I was using my favorite spinnerbait (hank parker classic heart.gif) and we were passing by a fallen tree and Im making several casts to it, my friend turns to me and tells me how he has 0 confidence in spinnerbaits and he doesnt like them and doesnt think I will have much luck it (theyre one of my best producing lures of all my fishing days btw and i love them) when a big fat swamp donkey destroys it. I knew it was big but I wasnt sure how big, I caught my biggest bass from this same lake at 7.1lbs and when this thing jumped it looked even bigger, could only get its head out of the water when jumping, it wrapped me around a tree branch and broke off!! popped the lure right off, I was using 17lb test also, not sure if it was the knot or what but the fish felt like it was good on and pulling like a freight train and pulling some drag but as soon as it got me around that branch it was game over almost immediately, we both just turned and looked at each for a few minutes with our eyes bugging out ... I lost the fish but it was one of my best memories, my buddy showed up the next weekend with about 2doz spinnerbaits in his bag too

icon26.gif Fished a small public pond the morning after a full moon. It was a little misty....Loaded the boat in the water and started casting a shallow running crank made of balsa. Well after a little over two hours and 45 largemouth I stopped counting and fishing. All the fish were caught on the same lure and in the same area. Here's the kicker... 15 of them were 4lbs or better.icon24.gif

One Fathers Day, my wife wanted to visit her Dad and suggested I go fishing.

Oh, OK. biggrin.gif

45 LMB, the biggest going almost 5 lbs.

My best day on a lake so far...

Chris

View Posticon26.gif Fished a small public pond the morning after a full moon. It was a little misty....Loaded the boat in the water and started casting a shallow running crank made of balsa. Well after a little over two hours and 45 largemouth I stopped counting and fishing. All the fish were caught on the same lure and in the same area. Here's the kicker... 15 of them were 4lbs or better.icon24.gif

That was one hell of a day! clapping.gif

hi my greatest fishing memory was when i went fishing to my local lake with my brother and neighbor. My neighbor was like i have to go to the bathroom RIGHT KNOw!!!! He went #3 in the woods and my brother and i kept fishing. He said i'm gonna move to a different spot, and off he went. Next thing i see is a giant Large Mouth Bass jumping after my popper. When i hooked on i screamed of thrilment. My brother came over and watched. My neighbor just came over when i reeled it in. It was like 2lbs away from a NYS record. It was about 8-9lbs.

That is my best freshwater fishing story.

View Posthi my greatest fishing memory was when i went fishing to my local lake with my brother and neighbor. My neighbor was like i have to go to the bathroom RIGHT KNOw!!!! He went #3 in the woods and my brother and i kept fishing. He said i'm gonna move to a different spot, and off he went. Next thing i see is a giant Large Mouth Bass jumping after my popper. When i hooked on i screamed of thrilment. My brother came over and watched. My neighbor just came over when i reeled it in. It was like 2lbs away from a NYS record. It was about 8-9lbs.

That is my best freshwater fishing story.

and what exactly is #3? thats what i wanna know

View Posticon26.gif Fished a small public pond the morning after a full moon. It was a little misty....Loaded the boat in the water and started casting a shallow running crank made of balsa. Well after a little over two hours and 45 largemouth I stopped counting and fishing. All the fish were caught on the same lure and in the same area. Here's the kicker... 15 of them were 4lbs or better.icon24.gif

View PostOne Fathers Day, my wife wanted to visit her Dad and suggested I go fishing.

Oh, OK. biggrin.gif

45 LMB, the biggest going almost 5 lbs.

My best day on a lake so far...

Chris

That's really weird.

I posted mine without reading yours and we both hit the 45 mark... clapping.gif

Chris

its got to be the first trout i ever caught using a fly that i had tied. then the 20 or so i caught afterward on that fly when everyone else on the river was getting skunked.

I have so many memories but here's a recent one that meant a lot to me... Been introducing my granddaugther to fishing over the last few years a little at the time.. she's graduated from spincasting to spinning and from worms/bobbers to lures... fishing the neighbors little pond 2 weeks ago she got her best bass to date on a rubber shad with no help from me at all.. except for holding the fish for the photo, we're still working on that aspect biggrin.gif ..

View PostI have so many memories but here's a recent one that meant a lot to me... Been introducing my granddaugther to fishing over the last few years a little at the time.. she's graduated from spincasting to spinning and from worms/bobbers to lures... fishing the neighbors little pond 2 weeks ago she got her best bass to date on a rubber shad with no help from me at all.. except for holding the fish for the photo, we're still working on that aspect biggrin.gif ..

Great picture Peteclapping.gif

My son is 10 and I take him once in a while, he doesn't have the fire in his belly...yet. I still can't get him to hold a fish. When I show him how to grab it, he looks at me like eek.gif At this point he'd still rather play with his friends than go fishing. I'm still trying to help him get his priorities in order smile.gif

View PostI have so many memories but here's a recent one that meant a lot to me... Been introducing my granddaugther to fishing over the last few years a little at the time.. she's graduated from spincasting to spinning and from worms/bobbers to lures... fishing the neighbors little pond 2 weeks ago she got her best bass to date on a rubber shad with no help from me at all.. except for holding the fish for the photo, we're still working on that aspect biggrin.gif ..

Nice job by your granddaughter, Pete. clapping.gif

oh yeah, and you too for taking her. wink.gif

View PostGreat picture Peteclapping.gif

My son is 10 and I take him once in a while, he doesn't have the fire in his belly...yet. I still can't get him to hold a fish. When I show him how to grab it, he looks at me like eek.gif At this point he'd still rather play with his friends than go fishing. I'm still trying to help him get his priorities in order smile.gif

thanks BB.. I got the same look from my protege cwm27.gif ..

View PostNice job by your granddaughter, Pete. clapping.gif

oh yeah, and you too for taking her. wink.gif

thanks buddy, she really deserves the credit, I'm only there to take care of the "icky" stuff .. biggrin.gif