Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1dozenraw

GLoomis 1266-2 vs USA All Star 1267-2 ???

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone familiar with both of these blanks. I have a Loomis 1266 that I love, but it is ready for a rebuild. I also have a new USA AllStar 1267-2 blank. It occurred to me that I might want to build a whole new set-up using the All Star and hold off on the Loomis rebuild. So that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance.

May have just answered my own question... took both rods out and compared. The All Star is stiffer near as I can figure. But any other feedback appreciated. They are not the same for sure.

I have the loomis 1266 and its my primary rod for ocean/Bay shoreline fishing. I have built many of the allstar 1267. It may appear to have heavier capabilty . The Loomis has a very noticeable faster action. The loomis is more sensitive for bite detection. The Loomis is a lighetr rod. IMO the Loomis is a better all around rod if you like fast action rods.

The Allstar 1266 is almost identical in action to the Loomis but the allstar is heavier and will handle 1 OZ higher lure casting weight. I still prefer the Loomis to the 1266 but the 1266 I would feel safe using at the CCCanal while I wouldn't feel as secure using the Loomis there (but I have).

So anyway , if I were you , I would rebuild the Loomis. I think you would find that if you have both built , you choose to use the 1266 almost all the time and the 1267 for different applications or if you like a slower action rod..

View PostI have the loomis 1266 and its my primary rod for ocean/Bay shoreline fishing. I have built many of the allstar 1267. It may appear to have heavier capabilty . The Loomis has a very noticeable faster action. The loomis is more sensitive for bite detection. The Loomis is a lighetr rod. IMO the Loomis is a better all around rod if you like fast action rods.

The Allstar 1266 is almost identical in action to the Loomis but the allstar is heavier and will handle 1 OZ higher lure casting weight. I still prefer the Loomis to the 1266 but the 1266 I would feel safe using at the CCCanal while I wouldn't feel as secure using the Loomis there (but I have).

So anyway , if I were you , I would rebuild the Loomis. I think you would find that if you have both built , you choose to use the 1266 almost all the time and the 1267 for different applications or if you like a slower action rod..

Hey Mike... thanks.. and thanks for the message sent through the other Mike about the rebuild. Perhaps later in the year or in the fall you might hear from me to so something with the All Star. meanwhile, I think I'm covered on getting the Loomis done now. Appreciate your input always.

Glad you got the message through Mike.

I hope by the end of this season all the details of handling my sisters estate are done and I have more time. be glad to do a rod for you then

View PostGlad you got the message through Mike.

I hope by the end of this season all the details of handling my sisters estate are done and I have more time. be glad to do a rod for you then

highfive.gifMaybe fall or over the winter. Thanks again.