Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sagittarius

Fishing off the coast of Mexico ?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

A fellow archer friend of mine plans on going to Mexico next March and fishing off the coast of Mexico on the Gulf or Pacific side.

Anyone know what types of large game fish can be found in the waters in those areas ?

He was wondering if billfish, large sharks, and other big game fishing is available there.

Have no knowledge of the fishing in that area and thought, I would ask if you guys knew about the fishing there and had any recommendations on charter accommodations ?

Replies appreciated, thanks.

On the gulf side the fishing is much like anywhere in the gulf. Jigging is becoming very popular around the oil rigs and reefs. We have marlin but the pacific side is more productive for really big fish. There are limited guides on the gulf side with english but I know a few. On the pacific finding english speaking guides seems to be much easier. Pacific coast will probably cost more. Cancun would be one place the lack of spanish would not be a problem.Flying in should be your only option. The highways are not safe now with the drug cartels fighting . They like to steal late model trucks. If he decides on the gulf I can put him in touch with a neighbor that speaks english and guides fishermen.

I dont know exactly what you want to do, but here is some grest redfish and speckled trout areas. I have fished by florida alabama border and there are lots of trout. I was walking the flats one day and a 10 footer or so. I think you could catch some sharks if you wanted to.