Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan560

Keeping Belly hook hole stright on Pencils?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I tried using the search feature and couldn't find an answer. I have a jig for making belly holes for my metal lipped swimmers. I have no clue how I should go about it on my pencil poppers and bottle poppers? I have tried a few methods and they all come off a little off center with the nose. Do you guys drill the belly hole after you cut the angle out of the nose? Not looking for any trade secrets or jigs, Just a few tips. Thanks again for the help!

I drill my belly holes before I cut the ends off. I mark lines on the pencil where I want the holes and then I eyeball the middle of that line and draw a little hash mark. Sometimes I miss a bit too.

View Postdrill first cut the nose angle afterwards

Agree

There are many ways to keep your hole aligned, I find the simple cave man method works well for me. No fancy jigs to clutter your work area either.

findingcenter.JPG

Yes this is on a metal lip but it works easier on a pencil or a bottle.

Cut your face first as you need to find the center of the face.

After you have marked you hook location, (notice the mark on the plug) Get a piece of straight through wire and bend a hook back along the wire.

Match it up with the center of the face cove.

Now draw a short line under the wire. Your hole should be square with the center of your nose cut.

So simple a caveman can do it. Note if you can't find your pencil look under our leg. (see above)