Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfin

night fishing lures

18 posts in this topic

What would be a few good lures to toss for LM bass in the dark. Fishing mostly shallow unobstructed water. Will zara spooks, jitterbugs, storm chug bugs, manns minus one, and 5" redfins work well? Also, do pickerel feed at night too?

Ive tried a lot of night lures this year and only a few have produced. Ive caught nothing on jitterbugs, hula poppers, or things of that sort. So far I've only caught night time bass on floating jointed Rapala's and the trusty old senko. But make sure its a dark colored senko. both Texas rigging and Wacky rigging works for me at night

View Postbuzzbaits, been killing bass on 'em all spring. DOn't seem to catch any picks at night. In fact, i've only caught one all spring. cwm13.gif

icon14.gif Buuuuzzzzzzzzzz......

i used to use a 10" black ribbon tail worm,c-rigged and fishing it reel slow(from a boat) i've caught a few 4and5 pounders that way.I miss having a little fresh water boat.

by far the most fish on a wacky style senko... something dark as was already mentioned ... black with blue or chart. tipped tail is good.. I've caught a few on jigs also... I tried a caffeine shad this early morning in the dark and something grabbed it but got off just as quick.. I think that lure will be good once we're past the spawn period and fish get a little more active...

View Postpicks will bite at night. Caught one last week on a senko. I believe it was red shad

cool, first I've heard of someone doing that clapping.gif

conventional wisdom is that pics and pike are not caught at night... but muskys are