Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J Powers

Berkley braid

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I guess only sold online, because the retail stores are pretty much cleaned out. Good to know though. 40.gif

-bd

Not "hyping" anything!

I recently asked a question re BBG braid - guys thought it was out of production. I ordered it online and got it. Posted results in case anyone was interested.

View PostNot "hyping" anything!

I recently asked a question re BBG braid - guys thought it was out of production. I ordered it online and got it. Posted results in case anyone was interested.

I wasn't being sarcastic Powerscwm13.gif , it was actually a curious question. Anything that makes the big game stand out compare to the more common braids

Well...I like it because it's a close match to the old discontinued Whiplash 65# test which I loved. ( DJ actually figured this out first)

Over the past 12-13 years I've used almost every braid made with the exception of PP (don't know why). Whiplash was my favorite for many reasons but primarily because on my reels and with my rods it gets the best distance and could take a good amount of punishment abrasionwise.

View PostTodd,

You're right. tongue.gif

I think I'll order a 1500 yard spool now that I think about it.

Aw, you only live once--go for the 2200 yard spool---you can afford it cwm27.gif

Besides, that 1500 yard spool is probably only two fills of a Dogfight wink.gif

Don't know if it's demise was a false alarm headscratch.gif. Local store here was well stocked with 30, 50 and 65# today.

Seems well liked so I picked up some 50 to try. We'll see how it compares to Fireline Braid. icon14.gif

Berkley said through email they have no plans on discontinuing BGB. I'm not sure I believe them. I don't know why this line is hard to come by as it's the best out there for the $$$ IMO. Ordered another big spool a few weeks back.