Rand Paul - supports ' no coloreds' signs

Rate this topic

Aquacide

it's a bizarre argument to make,

I cannot fathom why anyone would go down that path purely for an intellectual exercise.

so generally I assume that anyone making such an argument is doing so, because they do in fact want to deny a segment of our society.

and assume some form of hate is afoot.

so who do you hate eebs?

what group do you wish you didn't have to deal with?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostYou mean laws?

Depends on the nature of your business imo. If you deal with the public sure.

What do you mean by "the public"? My potential customers are members of the general public but when they step foot in my store, on my property, they cease to be "the public" - now they're a private individual in a private business. I have a right to do business with them or not do business with them, according to whatever interests, whims, or prejudices I might have, just as if they were walking in to my house for lunch. The fact that I'm operating a business doesn't mean I no longer enjoy the right of free association.

So, as I asked before - if I choose to not sell sunglasses to lesbians do you support government forcing me to? And, if you do, on what grounds do they do so?

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

View PostWhat do you mean by "the public"? My potential customers are members of the general public but when they step foot in my store, on my property, they cease to be "the public" - now they're a private individual in a private business. I have a right to do business with them or not do business with them, according to whatever interests, whims, or prejudices I might have, just as if they were walking in to my house for lunch. The fact that I'm operating a business doesn't mean I no longer enjoy the right of free association.

So, as I asked before - if I choose to not sell sunglasses to lesbians do you support government forcing me to? And, if you do, on what grounds do they do so?

No Soup for you!wink.gif

Mike P (Husky)
Hammer Mechanic, 1st class

Just a handful of observations here, since I've been following the Paul's off and on ever since I voted for Ron back in the late 80's.

The accusations of racism seem to crop up whenever it appears they may be in danger of actually winning an election, or seem to be getting more attention then some would like - Their natural enemies historically have been supporters of the welfare/warfare state:

Democrats obsessed with political correctness, and also neo-conservatives.

And I would also point out that I think it's rather unlikely Rand Paul chose this topic to be one of his "battles", as some are suggesting.

I believe it's much more likely that hostile media types are scouring past statements and quotes for anything they can come up with to try and discredit, now that he's won the primary and seems to have a decent chance to win the general election.

We saw the same thing back in '08 when Tim Russert thought it more beneficial to harangue his father Ron over decades old statements about whether the Civil War could have been avoided, - the public interest would have been MUCH better served had relevant questions about current wars or the economy been asked.

View PostApparently the 1964?civil rights act is wrong, and businesses should be allowed to refuse to employ blacks.

But he's not racist cwm27.gif

Like father like son

BTW, this current ****-storm reminds me also reminds me of Dec. 07, in the aftermath of Ron Paul raking in 6 million bucks in one day from a totally grassroots Internet fund raising event.

There were a lot of nervous people at the time, with the race card immediately pulled in desperation to stop him.

I seem to remember Guernsey being one of them, citing newsletters. Nevermind that Paul himself had brought them to the public's attention and publicly denounced them years earlier, and had been cleared by the NAACP. rolleyes.gif

So I doubt if folks like this truly believe, or are concerned that one or both of the Paul's are racist.

What they are concerned with is the Paul's agenda not squaring with their own - one in particular would be efforts to have the Federal Reserve audited. This seems to especially upset banker types, eh GB? wink.gif

(I'd love to be a fly on the wall during one of the Bilderberg meetings, the hand wringing over this must be a hoot to see).

So sure - he may believe individuals and private property owners have the right to do, say, or think whatever they want, no matter how foolish - it's perfectly consistent with their Libertarian philosophy - everyone has individual rights.

cwm40.gif Hell - I'm sure he would even respect GB's right to say whatever he thinks (no matter how abhorrent he thought it may be)cwm27.gif

View PostWhen the Democrat Party ends their support for racial discrimination as FEDERAL POLICY, then I will discuss this issue with them. Until then, Pffftt.

Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia

Great Point!!!! I think it's funny how the the Democrats PRETEND to hate racism. Remember how QUIET this same group of hypocrites where when B.Hussien was listening to that Wright dude spew his Anti-American,Jew Hating,Blame Whitey for Everything, racist bull crap. Am I missing something here? 20 Frickin Years

I fish and I play my guitar,I laugh at the bar with my friends,I go home to my wife,I pray every night,I can do it all over again

View PostWhat do you mean by "the public"? My potential customers are members of the general public but when they step foot in my store, on my property, they cease to be "the public" - now they're a private individual in a private business. I have a right to do business with them or not do business with them, according to whatever interests, whims, or prejudices I might have, just as if they were walking in to my house for lunch. The fact that I'm operating a business doesn't mean I no longer enjoy the right of free association.

It depends whether you're doing it as part of an overall social system of institutionalized oppression versus as an individual making an uncoordinated choice rooted in the freedom to associate.

Here's the CATO guy again:

[brink Lindsey:] I think Rand Paul is wrong about the Civil Rights Act. As a general matter, people should be free to deal or not deal with others as they choose. And that means we discriminate against those we choose not to deal with. In marrying one person, we discriminate against all others. Businesses can discriminate against potential employees who don't meet hiring qualifications, and they can discriminate against potential customers who don't observe a dress code (no shirt, no shoes, no service). Rand Paul is appealing to the general principle of freedom of association, and that general principle is a good one. But it has exceptions. In particular, after three-plus centuries of slavery and another century of institutionalized, state-sponsored racism (which included state toleration of private racist violence), the exclusion of blacks from public accommodations wasn't just a series of uncoordinated private decisions by individuals exercising their freedom of association. It was part and parcel of an overall social system of racial oppression," Lindsey said. Paul's grievous error is to ignore the larger context in which individual private decisions to exclude blacks were made. In my view, at least, truly individual, idiosyncratic discrimination ought to be legally permitted; for example, the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld ought to be free to deny soup to anybody no matter how crazy his reasons (they didn't ask nicely, they mispronounced the soup, etc.). But the exclusion of blacks from public accommodations wasn't like that -- not even close...

View PostGreat Point!!!! I think it's funny how the the Democrats PRETEND to hate racism. Remember how QUIET this same group of hypocrites where when B.Hussien was listening to that Wright dude spew his Anti-American,Jew Hating,Blame Whitey for Everything, racist bull crap. Am I missing something here? 20 Frickin Years

Yes respectively.

(*member formerly known as 'Skitterpop')

Paul's got to get his message discipline down. He's in serious danger of being Borked for having voiced legitimate opinions. He's got to learn that many things can be easily twisted to serve the purposes of the intellectually dishonest but politically effective enemies.

GB's stuff is a good example of what to expect from people who would rather win at any cost rather than have an intelligent discussion.

Laus Deo

View PostPaul's got to get his message discipline down. He's in serious danger of being Borked for having voiced legitimate opinions. He's got to learn that many things can be easily twisted to serve the purposes of the intellectually dishonest but politically effective enemies.

GB's stuff is a good example of what to expect from people who would rather win at any cost rather than have an intelligent discussion.

I totally disgree Santiago. How much clearer does Rand need to be. How about his big ticket items.... wow cwm31.gif

(*member formerly known as 'Skitterpop')