Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitter

Buying spare spools

4 posts in this topic

For inexpensive spinning reels bought online that don`t come with spare spool. Tried the catalog companies... no go.

Searched online with no success. Would you contact non selling online manufacturer or try the sales and repair shop (but price can double here).

Any tips please?

Much appreciated.

Did you try e-bay? I've had some luck there. If not, the good old local tackle ship will order for you. Of course you'll pay full list price. I really like having a spare spool, especially when I'm fishing braid. It seems like I've seen more low to mid end reels sold with spare spools lately and the spools really get expensive for the high end reels. frown.gif

I've done this with Shimano, but their spools are pricey, sometimes 1/3 a price of the whole GD reel. The only way to get parts is to actually call the company's headquarters or find licensed dealers for the brand of reel you have.

Shimano has one in Sea Isle City, NY, however, I've also had to order parts from Alabama if they didn't have them in stock.

So, my point, go to the company's website and either call them directly or call a dealer.

Hope that helps.