Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfcast

Fishing cover ???????

12 posts in this topic

Took another trip to the lake today tried many spots not much luck.Worked my way over to a section of the lake that has lily pads.Hooked a white zoom fluke on and was bringing it in slow and letting it drop into the voids between the vegetation.I soon spotted bass being disturbed as my line came over them noticed fish brake the top of the water and maid casts to these areas no bumps no bights. Question were these bass tuned off and just not feeding or should I be trying different baits and different techniques.I was obviusly on top of fishconfused.gif

View Postis spawn over at your lake? it takesa couple weeks to get going again post spawn

I am not sure I see allot of bass beds but sun fish are hanging out in them no visible fish.I did see a bass siting in shallow water on the other side of the lake were i usually fish but I am not that knowledgeable of fresh water fishing.

What lb line are you using? Sometimes you have to go UL and risk the breakoff to get a hook up.

8# Mono clear I don't think I would dare go lighter than that.should I switch to flouro.

fish those same spots in the evening or very early morning, using that same tactic.

I see SO MANY guys fish through the middle of the day only on bright sunny days and then leave talking about how bad the fishing was.

fish will be more active and aggressive in low-light periods and can probably see you less. this is especially important in fishing shallow areas like you are in FW.

You can try to size down a little with a Fluke Junior. Also try flukes in a green color. I've also had my best luck with them when I let them fall, then I twitch and jerk them off the bottom. Put some scent on them to. Thats one dynamite bait icon14.gif

View Postfish those same spots in the evening or very early morning, using that same tactic.

I see SO MANY guys fish through the middle of the day only on bright sunny days and then leave talking about how bad the fishing was.

fish will be more active and aggressive in low-light periods and can probably see you less. this is especially important in fishing shallow areas like you are in FW.

I think you got right bill just fished as the sun went down had some action and the fish were hitting senkos all small fishbeers.gif

View PostI see SO MANY guys fish through the middle of the day only on bright sunny days and then leave talking about how bad the fishing was.

Thats the way it is at the lake I fish. Useally after 9 am the bite drops off considerbly. Useally from 5 to 9 there may be 4 or 5 of us fishing. After 9 everyone else shows up and wonder why they don't catch anything.