Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ability

honda 130 4 stroke... need to purge fuel system

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

.. the bad fuel from the tank is gone and the lines purged up to the quick connect. Saturday I want to purge old fuel in the engine with the new batch before I put the new filters in. Any thoughts on a quick fuel sytem purge other than a constant crank till the battery dies.

Ability, Judging from previous posts, I do realise that you had something weird happen to your fuel over the winter. If your going to all the trouble of purging the fuel and changing filters.....in the future you can never add too much starton/stabile. I have a 60 gallon tank, leaving it about 95% full and add an 8 oz bottle of the stuff. What sort of shape are the gas tanks over at GB marine? That wouldn't be the source of the problem would it? Just a thought.

hope to see you on the water soon!

the problem was the cover blew off and the drain got plugged, the boat filled with water over the top of the 30 gallon tank and leaked through the top scuttle hatch on the tank where the fuel gauge punch out is. The seal was bad. I know the stabil/ startron gig. I left 15 gallons of fuel in it in october and in a 2 week period in april 15 gallons of water entered the tank. treating gas aint gonna nullify 15 gallons of water.

Like I said, it won't run, so how do i purge the fuel system. the bad fuel is still in the engine but everywhere else it is super groovey

Ability - I've got a 130 HP as well, had to rebuild the entire fuel system last year due to bad gas destroying it.

You'll have to start by disconnecting the low pressure fuel pump, turn engine key (not to start, byt to engage, as this turns on the low pressure pump) and purge that gas out.

Then, drain the vapor sep - there should be a drain screw there.

Then, there's the high pressure fuel pump. Again, drain screw there.

There's gas remaining in the fuel rail/line from the last filter to the injectors. I wasn't around when my buddy changed this out, I think that you might be able to remove the injectors/fuel rail easy enough on the fuel rail and blow it out.

FYI - a great forum for Honda motors is at

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-for...splay.php?f=21

Non-fishing/non-commercial, just motor repair forum. Guys are pretty sharp on there and are willing to give great advice.

View Postthanks, done...ran 8 gallons threw on the water today no problems

That's what I love about that motor - 8 gallons of gas used in about 4 hours for me yesterday on the first outing of the year, slow trolls and WOT about 2/3 and 1/3 of the time respectivelyicon14.gif