Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azballa7

Econo Lipper

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have a econo-lipper, the BPS $9.99 special. No scale, just a basic lipper that works and has remained rust free.

I have the "Econo-Scale" 60 pound and the scale is dead nuts accurate, it can't rust and it cost me $20. It'll do everything a $230 Boga will do. I'll get a Boga when I have more money than brains.

View PostI had one and got rid of it. You get what you pay for.. I thought it was garbage.

Care to elaborate why it was 'garbage'? Rusty? Scale went nuts? Dropped fish? Any details?

View PostCare to elaborate why it was 'garbage'? Rusty? Scale went nuts? Dropped fish? Any details?

Good way to justify to the wife why a $240 Boga is better than an inexpensive $20 BPS lipper. smile.gif

View PostGood way to justify to the wife why a $240 Boga is better than an inexpensive $20 BPS lipper. smile.gif

More like I need to justify it to myself. Already got a 60lb Boga, but not a fan of it's weight. If there is something cheaper that is lighter and does the same thing, I rather use that--If I lose/break it, it won't be as big a hit as the $240 Boga. Being 130 lbs and poor/cheap, I'm all about efficiency!

View PostCare to elaborate why it was 'garbage'? Rusty? Scale went nuts? Dropped fish? Any details?

mine did rust up never checked the scale for accuracy so can't comment on that

I had one for 3 years and loved it because it's very light, but since I rarely cleaned it and it finally seized up.

The scale was reasonably accurate when it was working.

I'm now carrying my Boga 30 and thinking of switching back to Econo.