Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koofy Smacker

One of those nights...

5 posts in this topic

Went out to a local spot tonight to try some evenin bassin. Nothing on a senko (surprising?), nothing on a chatterbait, nothing on a frog. Not even a hit on any of these things, then I threw on a floating jointed rapala and still nothing. Decided to change things up a bit and started BURNING the rapala so it would stay under the surface and what do ya know? Hook up. I ended up catching 2 in this manner while they wouldn't touch anything else. Just goes to show you how switching up just the speed can produce more fish. Then I left because the bugs were eating me ALIVE

My night was pretty good. I went down down to my local lake and got 6 bass and 2 very nice Crappie, all in 40 minutes. All of the bass were small. I'll blame that on all the big ones spawning smile.gif . The fish were very active last night, chasing bait right up to the bank. I went this morning and it was as if someone nuked the place after I left last night, not a sign of any life. The pressure was at 30 this morning, don't know what it was last night though.

cool Koofy... it pays to try something out of the ordinary when the usual tactics aren't working... icon14.gif

also an atta boy to you BB, 6 bass and 2 crappie in 40 minutes means you were doing something right .. the pressure last night was 29.20+/- and as you said rising .. now I'm sitting at 30.02 ... I'm debating about another morning foray tomorrow since I couldn't go tonight ... I'll see how I feel at 3am redface.gif

Derrick... good luck if you're still heading down to the shore beers.gif

View Postcool Koofy... it pays to try something out of the ordinary when the usual tactics aren't working... icon14.gif

also an atta boy to you BB, 6 bass and 2 crappie in 40 minutes means you were doing something right .. the pressure last night was 29.20+/- and as you said rising .. now I'm sitting at 30.02 ... I'm debating about another morning foray tomorrow since I couldn't go tonight ... I'll see how I feel at 3am redface.gif

Derrick... good luck if you're still heading down to the shore beers.gif

I'm sitting at 30.02 also. Not sure I'm heading down. Gotta alot to do for this wedding i'm cooking at Saturday and we are leaving for Vacation on Thursday so I got some stuff to do to get ready for that. Just might fish localy here on Sunday.