Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapidfflow0

Great reel service experience

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

So earlier this spring I did something very stupid which resulted in a brand new cabo 40 spending about 20 minutes on the bottom of raritan bay. The water was extremely dirty that day and after getting very lucky to even get the reel back I was concerned that even after taking the reel apart and cleaning it myself it still didn't seem right and I wasn't comfortable that I had in as clean as I wanted. Anyway I called the manufacturer and was referred to the website to find a certified repair shop. Of course the one local to me in NJ was swamped as the season was just starting up and was told I wouldn't get it back until the end of June at the earliest. I really didn't want to wait that long and was concerned that the reel was still dirty and was going to sit on a shelf in a shop for a couple of months potentially causing further corrosion or issues. Anyway back to the purpose of this post. I tried the repair shop listed for

Pennsylvania which is located in the northeast corner of the state a long way from the surf. The gentleman who answered the phone listened while explained my stupidity and concerns. He said send it out and I will have it back to you in a week. So I mailed him the reel and recieved a call the same day the ups

tracking showed it arrived. He told me he was taking the reel apart and that I definately had dirt issues but that I also had a bearing issue that needed to be replaced. I was skeptical so I asked again what he thought the servicing charge and bearing charge would be. He responded all in with a full service and new bearing and the reel shipped back to me $27.50. I got the reel back inside of a week and couldn't be happier with how it looks and performs again. If anyone needs their cabo serviced I strongly recommend giving Carl at T.G reel service a call. They can be found as the only certified reel repair in PA on the zebco website.