Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Paying for parking or accepting a ticket

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This probably won't work near Boston where fines are much higher...but there are several areas down on the cape where you can park in metered parking spots, not feed the meter and accept a $10.00 ticket, which is roughly the amount you'd feed into the machine anyway - and my fishing would not get interrupted. I've fished this certain area 20-40 times a year for at least 15 years now and many times I don't even get tagged and only twice, the metermaid came around and gave multiple tickets to my vehicle. So I feel like I made out well - what do you think?biggrin.gif

The downside is that this easy access location was only of value to me during albie/bonito season and now that the landmark has been destroy, I don't think I'll be paying much more than just passing interest just to see what's going on a couple of times a year frown.gif

Don't feed the meter. Accept the small parking ticket fee instead.

Why? There is always the outside chance that the parking meter person may not come by that day. Play those odds.

I know the place/area you are talking about I think. I have received a ticket there before too, but usually I am a quick hitter and do not fish for too long to outlast the meter. I do not usually fish the structure you are referring to though.

My suggestion would be just to do some math and figure out whether it actually adds up or not.