Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishbulb

Parking at Crane's

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

So, is there any real parking options for the night at Crane's?

I did the illegal thing once and parked in front of the gate for a bit but didn't hang out too long.

Thanks!

View PostSo, is there any real parking options for the night at Crane's?

I did the illegal thing once and parked in front of the gate for a bit but didn't hang out too long.

Thanks!

It was my understanding, at least say 15 + years ago, that you could park your vehicle outside the gate, to the side, after the lot closed and walk in to fish the beach as long as you left a note on your vehicle stating this fact.

I know some guys purposely stayed in the parking lot after closing time and when they were finished fishing they went to the bath house phones and made a call to the Ipswich PD and ask them to come down and unlock the gate so they could get out. What they paid to get out, I have no idea.

Most likely things have changed up there...I haven't been up that way in years.

I believe you can go to the town hall and get a permit to park outside the gate.

I've never done it, so I'm not really sure. Like most places, it probably gets expensive in a hurry if you park illegally.

I'm sure some guys that fish Crane's at night will chime in.

View PostI believe you can go to the town hall and get a permit to park outside the gate.

That sounds familar...I do recall something placed in view...just thought it might have been a hand written note.

I was just there the other day to check on a season pass or more to the point what level of the Trustee of the Reservation I had to get to get in for nothing all year long.

The gentleman at the gate (Ret. Cop) told me that after dark parking outside the main gate is no problem, then you just walk onto the beach and fish.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

There are two passes a season pass and a fishing pass

The season pass you have to leave at dusk or when they close

the fishing pass you can park outside the gate between 6 pm-7am

I paid 35 total but I am resident I have no idea what it costs for non residents

They will tow or fine if you park outside the gate with no pass

Here's the info:

D. Fishing Stickers

1. In order to receive a Fishing Sticker, an individual shall submit a current automobile registration for each vehicle involved.

2. A paper sticker shall be issued with the following information: Registration Number, Name of individual who issued the sticker.

3. Stickers shall be permanently attached to the vehicle for which the registration was shown and whose registration number matches the number on the face of the sticker. Failure to comply with this regulation may result in the loss of Fishing Sticker privileges.

4. These stickers are valid only between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., and the cars must be parked outside the beach parking lot gates.

I thought it did but residency doesn't seem to matter for the fishing sticker. I also don't remember it being a sticker. The fishing pass has been around for quite a long time but it used to be a little green card you put in windshield while you went out to fish.

Here's the link to the web page with all the info:

http://www.town.ipswich.ma.us/treasu...h_stickers.htm

It's not exactly a short walk from the gate to where you should be fishing but if you try and do it good luck!

Also, they will most likely ticket/tow you if you try and get away with parking there without the fishing pass because they just assume it's kids partying out there and they definitely try to discourage that behavior.

The hike to and from doesn't bother me as much as the potential for having to hike into town and get my car from an impound lot!

Thanks for the info. I will have to make a trek up there and get a pass!

View Post...

I paid 35 total but I am resident I have no idea what it costs for non residents

It's also $35 for a single membership for a non-resident senior or student. wink.gif