Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISurfcaster

Waterproof camera/video - FINAL CHOICE?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Gents,

I have done my searching and online research and have narrowed my search down to four:

Canon Powershot D10

FujiFilm XP10

Olympus 8010

Pentax Optio W90

I am looking for good picture quality, battery life, and ease of use. HD would nbe nice but not a requirement as long as the video quality is good.

If you have one of these models I would be interested in your pros and cons on using the models. Thanks for taking the time to comment...

I recently purchase the Olympus STYLUS TOUGH-6000.

I carried it on my belt everytime i went surf fishing in cancun. VERY easy to use, 10 MegPix, but not HD video, but is very good and video underwater is very good. Rechargable battery - I love it.

I got a great deal on it too, which makes it even better. i paid $180, with case, and 1GB card included. Let me know if you are interested, i can tell you where i bought it. It's local on LI

I can post some under pic that i took from the surf and underwater in the pool.

Keith

I have the Fujifilm XP10 and I'm very pleased with it. 12 megs and video (not HD) and takes absolutely fantastic pictures. Here's 1 from last weekend:

DSCF0123.jpg?t=1274302486

I highly recommend the Gopro HD hero. Very cool little camera. Full 1080p HD and good picture quality. Tiny. Very simple design. Only down side is it needs a housing.