Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artificial all the way

Fluke started coming in

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Not tons but fish. We landed a dozen or so shorts from 17" to 19" along with 4 keepers from 20" to 23". Draggers were out as well. Fish took larger spearings/silver sides on teasers and squid on the 4oz jigs. Fish caught in 40 to 50 foot of water. White and green were the go to colors.

Good luck

Jay

downsized_0517002000.jpg

now, I really am flounderhooked! Gotta get started setting up my rods for Fluke! and my boat.. I have a really nice picture of a Fluke just go to my profile and I am holding it up. This was last year. If you see a kid(teenager) fishing anywhere wearing a yellow raincoat(Bimini Bay) you know that's Flounderhooked21.

Jay - Did you get those on our side, or did you have to go across?

I've seen a few guys coming back from the other side with fish, but not much on this side.

We did it for a little while last week, but nothing really.

Water's real cold still.

View PostJay - Did you get those on our side, or did you have to go across?

I've seen a few guys coming back from the other side with fish, but not much on this side.

We did it for a little while last week, but nothing really.

Water's real cold still.

Those and more are from the CT side. I did run over and did pretty well couple times as well as in RI. Over in NY close to beaches produced nice fish in the mid 20's.

Had to stop fluking when tons of bass on bunker showed up. We released a couple dozen bass up to 40". Way fun but when we were done I didn't have any Fluke filets.